Lansing Community College

New Students

How do I apply to Lansing Community College?

Apply to Lansing Community College online

What do I do after applying to Lansing Community College?

While you are waiting for your acceptance letter, you can complete your Placement Testing at the Placement Testing Center. Afterwards you may sign up for Orientation which is mandatory for new students who have never completed college classes before.

What does Orientation involve?

Orientation will include learning about what Support Services we provide, all LCC Technology Systems, Financial Aid, Academic Advising, a tour of the college, and much more.

Where can I find my student number?

Log into your MyLCC and click the "Student" tab, it will displayed under "Display Banner ID Information". It was be displayed as a "X00------" format.

Guest Students

What is a guest student?

A guest student is a person studying towards a degree or certificate program at a college or university (referred to as the home institution_ who wishes to take a limited number of courses at LCC to complete their program from their home institution.

Do I need to apply to LCC to be a guest student?

Yes- without a student number, students cannot register for classes. They should apply as a guest student; applying this way will make it so they do not need to attend orientation.

How can I waive my placement tests?

You can submit a Waiver Request Form to waive your Reading, Writing, and Math Placement Tests. You can find more information on the Waiver Team Web Page.

What is the difference between transfer credits and a waiver?

A transfer credit is when a credit transfers in and becomes a part of the student's educational record at LCC. It takes 6-8 weeks for transfer credit evaluations to be completed. Transferred in credits can be used towards an LCC degree or certificate. In order to start the process of transferring, the student must have the school they are from.

Am I required to go to Orientation?

You are not required to go to Orientation, if there is a Orientation Hold on your student account, you will need to contact the StarZone to request a Waiver Orientation Override.

How do I know if a class will transfer?

The Michigan Transfer Network ( is a tool that our Advisors use to see if a certain class will transfer or not, however, the school you are transferring your classes to will ultimately have the answer. You can also look at our transfer agreements.

How do I know what classes are offered?

Look in the Semester Schedule Book, which can usually be found online or a paper copy can be found at any of the Student Services Departments.

How do I know what the pre-reqs are for a specific class?

On the Banner System, we do offer the Catalog for all classes by term, which can be found here -

Returning Students

I am returning to LCC and it has been some time, what are the steps involved to getting back to school?

You would need to contact the Help Desk in order to be able to access LCC's computer systems which is required to register for classes. It is highly recommended that you meet with a Academic Advisor to plan out what classes you should take to achieve your goal.

How do I declare/change my major?

You will need to fill out and turn in the Change of Program Request Form. This form can be found in-person at Enrollment Services or Academic Advising or you can print off the form online here - The form can be turned in at Enrollment Services or Academic Advising, please allow one week for processing.

Where can I find my curriculum guide?

You can find the curriculum guides at

How do I contact my professor?

Most times you can get the professor's contact information on the class syllabus. You can also contact the professor via the department for which the class is held under - i.e. BIOL 210, call the Biology Department.

Contact the StarZone

Visit the StarZone to get help with admissions, financial aid, academic advising, payment plans, placement testing, orientation and all other student services.

Student chats with helper at the StarZone in the Gannon building

The StarZone

Phone: 517-483-1957
Toll Free: 800-644-4522

Downtown Campus
Gannon Building
411 N. Grand Ave
Lansing, MI 48933

StarZone Hours

View Map