At this time students have the support of their Academic Success Coach through a variety of communication methods. We are available to meet with you in-person, through WebEx, over the telephone, and through emails and texting. Whatever works for you!
Students, please check your LCC email for contact information for your assigned Academic Success Coach. If you do not currently have an Academic Success Coach and need support, please email us at email@example.com or call 517-483-1422. For questions related to a particular class, please reach out to your instructor or the department head for more information.
What is an Academic Success Coach?
Academic Success Coaches are responsible for ensuring that students receive persistent, proactive, individualized mentoring, academic coaching and support throughout their time at Lansing Community College. We believe in working with students to help them identify and utilize their strengths while empowering them to succeed at LCC and accomplish their academic goals.
What We Do
We meet with students! Students are encouraged to reach out to an Academic Success Coach; they may also be referred to us by instructors or other members of the LCC community. During our meetings we will learn about the students' experiences at LCC, identify obstacles that may be barriers to their academic success, and help strategize solutions and next-steps. Some of the topics discussed may include:
- Teaching new skills to students
- Time management, goal setting, course formats, D2L navigation, motivation, study skills, test preparation, study habits, learning formats, life coaching
- Helping students solve existing problems
- Early Alerts, Admin Appeals (and other forms), SAP Appeals, Financial Aid issues, communicating with faculty, program information, Residency, Change of Program
- Talking to the student about future goals
- Discussion of educational and occupational goals, transferring, planning for future semesters
- Connecting students with campus opportunities
- Clubs, organizations, programs, events, leadership volunteering, athletics and general programs
- Checking in with students on existing goals
- Check-ins and follow ups, reviewing grades, short-term, long-term goals