Lansing Community College Emergency Management Department is responsible for developing emergency operations plans and procedures and emergency preparedness training and exercise college-wide, which ensures the College is ready to response and recover from any hazard or threat and instills a culture of emergency preparedness. The EMD is responsible for operating and maintaining the emergency alert notification system and overseeing the training of the building emergency response teams, which augment campus police during an emergency.
The Emergency Management Department (EMD) duties are comprised of the following:
- Building and implementing a Culture of Emergency Preparedness across the College.
- Working with the LCC Police Department to help prevent and protect the college from identified threats, hazards, and vulnerabilities.
- Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) process, plan, and procedure development and maintenance; this includes incident response plans which support the college in the mitigation of, response to, and recovery from all hazards.
- Continuity of Operations (COOP) Plan development, implementation, and maintenance for the college.
- The development and conduct of Training and Exercise plans, schedules, and documentation.
- Incident Emergency Response and Recovery planning, coordination, communication, resourcing, and documentation.
- Emergency Operation Center (EOC) process and functions, related supplies, and physical space.
- Building Emergency Response Team (BERT) Plan development, team formation, team training, functional testing, ensuring necessary supplies, etc.
- Coordination and communication with local and state emergency management partners.
- Staying abreast of developments and trends in the Emergency Management field.
Emergency Management Department
Director of Emergency Management
Location: AOF 108