To All LCC Employees:
To maintain campuses free of COVID-19, the College has established a COVID-19 Sick Leave Bank of 2,000 hours, not to exceed $50,000, available to all employees (including student employees) effective immediately as specified below.
- Absence related to COVID-19:
- Total of all leave banks ≥ 250 hrs: Employees who have an accumulation of leave time totaling 250 hours or more will
use their own leave bank hours.
- Record absence related to COVID-19 as sick or PTO on timesheet.
- Total of all leave banks < 250 hrs: Employees who have an accumulation of leave time totaling less than 250 hours may
draw from the new COVID-19 Sick Leave Bank for approved absences related to the COVID-19 pandemic, for time not worked for the following
- due to employee’s own COVID illness;
- due to caring for an immediate family member with COVID illness;
- due to being quarantined based on CDC guidance and unable to work remotely;
- due to an order for isolation based on CDC guidance;
- related to obtaining COVID vaccine for self and/or immediate family member.
Employees must submit requests to use the new COVID-19 sick leave bank by completing the COVID-19 Sick Leave Application.
- Record absence related to COVID-19 as COVID Sick Leave (ES1, ES2) on timesheet. Add a comment to the timesheet stating reason for absence if COVID -19 sick leave is used.
- Total of all leave banks ≥ 250 hrs: Employees who have an accumulation of leave time totaling 250 hours or more will use their own leave bank hours.
- Absence unrelated to COVID-19: Employees who need to be absent from work for a reason unrelated to COVID-19 will use their current leave time that is available such as sick, vacation,
personal, PTO, etc. Unrelated reasons may include: absences related to health, family,
or child care responsibilities.
- Record absence unrelated to COVID-19 as sick, vacation, personal, PTO, etc.
Supervisors are required to add a comment to all timesheets using COVID-19 Sick Leave (ES1, ES2) confirming the reason for the absence.
Questions can be directed to the Payroll Department at 517-483-1799 or FS-Payroll@lcc.edu.