Data Governance Committee Charter
The Data Governance Committee (DGC) supports effective management of the college's data resources through development of holistic policy, process, and documentation. In the interest of improving the college's data integrity, this committee provides a venue for identifying and addressing issues with data collection, storage, retrieval, retention, and use.
- Overcome departmental or divisional scope restrictions
- Provide an avenue for collaborative process improvement activities related to data storage, retrieval, and usability
- Support projects and activities that result in accurate and reliable data
- Provide a central location for various data resources: definitions, templates, processes
- Develop and maintain the Lansing Community College Data Standards Manual and Data Dictionary
- Approval and review of documentation and communication for changes to validation tables from SOCC
- Identify and document projects related to data capability, validity, and reliability
- Seek input from all stakeholders
- Document and communicate outcomes of committee activities
- Education and communication of standardized practices
The composition of Data Governance membership is intended to create a cross functional representation for LCC specifically with membership from:
- Academic Affairs
- Executive Leadership Team
- Financial Services
- Human Resources
- Informational Technology Services
- LCC Center for Data Science
- Student Affairs
- Human Resources
Additional members may be invited based on expertise and/or responsibility
Data Governance Committee meets monthly with the option to call additional meetings as needed.
Word File LCC Acronyms and General Term Dictionary
The LCC Acronyms and General Term Dictionary includes:
- A non-exhaustive list of acronyms, initialisms, phrases and abbreviations used by staff (and students) at LCC along with the meaning of each item.
- A non-exhaustive list of common general terms used by staff (and students) at LCC along with the definition of each term.
This is a "living document" that will be updated as items change or need to be added or removed. If you have any items you'd like to add or if you have comments, questions or suggestions about the document, please contact Linnea Knapp, Records Information Specialist (x1676, LCC-RIM@lcc.edu) or Terri Christian, Center for Data Science (x1123, firstname.lastname@example.org).