For Lansing H.O.P.E, Lansing Promise, and Mason Promise scholarships, visit our H.O.P.E. and Promise Scholarships page.
Please take a look at the following scholarship opportunities offered through a variety of outside resources, as well as online scholarship search engines.
Please note: the following resources are outside scholarships. Lansing Community College is not affiliated with the following scholarships. Lansing Community College does not endorse any specific website and is not responsible for the content on the website. Please visit the scholarship website for the latest accurate information, as details may change.
Outside Scholarship Resource
- The State of Michigan will search for scholarships available in your county.
Associates Degree Scholarship in Nursing and Medical Assisting
- This scholarship program is open to students pursuing Nursing and Medical Assisting associate degrees, diplomas and certificate programs.
- High school students enrolled in a Nursing or Medical Assisting associate program next year are also eligible to receive the award.
- Bachelor and graduate students do not qualify.
- Selection is based on academic history, extracurricular activities, and employment history.
- Eligible students must be full-time students during the academic year the scholarship is received. Financial need is not considered.
$500 April 1 of every year B. Davis Scholarship
- No Age Restriction;
- Be sure to include your name and the school you are attending this year and next;
- This is not an academic scholarship but we would like to know where you are going to school now and what your future academic plans are.
$1,000 May 1 and October 1 of every year Business Leaders Scholarship
- Work history and activities
- GPA (minimum 3.2 of a 4.0 scale)
- Must be a current student at an accredited US University or College. Online programs are acceptable.
$1,500 May 1 and October 1 of every year Cancer Horizons College Scholarship
You are currently a cancer patient or someone who has recovered from cancer, or you are actively performing a role to help those affected by cancer in your personal and/or academic life
You have been accepted to, or are currently enrolled in, an accredited college or university in the U.S. Undergraduate and graduate students are both welcome
You must submit an official copy of your transcript, along with your application using our online form
September 15 of every year
Creation Crate $1000 Scholarship Program
- Must be a legal resident of North America (U.S. and Canada) and a holder of a valid student visa
- Must be currently enrolled in or accepted to a full-time undergraduate program in an accredited U.S. university or college
- Must be 17+ years of age or older
Jan 5, 2022
Drug Lawsuit Source College Scholarship
- Must be currently enrolled in a US high school, trade school, apprentice school, junior college, university, or graduate school in the United States.
- High school seniors are eligible to apply if they will be attending any post-secondary school in the summer or fall semesters.
Nov 1, 2021
Drug Lawsuit Source Single Parent Student Scholarship
- You must be a single parent helping to raise at least one child. You do not have to have full-time custody, but must be involved in raising the child.
- You must be currently enrolled in a U.S. high school, trade school, apprentice school, junior college, college, university, or graduate school in the United States.
- You must have a GPA of 2.7 or higher and are required to submit a copy of your transcript indicating your grade point average (GPA). You may submit an unofficial school transcript.
$1,000 Nov 1, 2021 Dura-Pack Packaging Sustainability Initiative Award
Applicants will need to provide an essay. Subject material available on the application website.
- Essays should be submitted in MS Word format.
- Essays should contain a minimum of 500 words.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in either high school, university or college as a full-time student (2019-2020 school year).
- Employees and relatives of Dura-Pack are ineligible.
- The scholarship award winner will be required to provide proof of successful acceptance to an accredited college or university. Payment will be made directly to the applicant’s college or university.
Multiple deadline and award dates
August 1, 2021
Sep 1, 2021
December 1, 2021
January 1, 2022
Employment Boost Scholarships
Must be a registered student at the institution and have a GPA of 3.6.
- Eligible colleges include two and four-year universities. Student must be registered at an institution that has applied at the institution by submitting the form
Student seeking this scholarship must submit:
- A 500 to 1,000 word essay based on the poem “Howl”, Part 1, by Allen Ginsberg. Write an essay that explains the message of the poem and what it means to you and today’s society.
- Or, students majoring in business or STEM must write an essay based on the following prompt: "How is technology going to change your way of life in 15 years?"
- A current unofficial transcript
- One letter of reference.
$1,000 Varies (check website for details) FitMyCar
'Next Generation' Scholarship
- Must be a legal resident of Australia or the U.S., or a holder of a valid student visa.
- Must be currently enrolled in or accepted to a full-time undergraduate or graduate program in an accredited college/university in either the United States or Australia.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Write a 300-word essay on the following topic: “Sustainable Automotive Innovations for the Future”.
$1,000 Sep 21, 2021 InfoTracer.com Scholarship
- must be a high school graduate pursuing a full-time college or university placement or already enrolled in college full time
- must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- students have to write a 1000 word essay. Your essay should detail about how public records are useful in your chosen career
Application procedure available on scholarship site.
$1,000 Oct 31, 2021 INS Global Scholarship
2021 INS Global Scholarship is for students in the process of pursuing a college degree in the field of International Business.
- U.S. citizen accepted to or currently attending a college or university within the United States.
- provide proof of acceptance to your college or university, or a college transcript.
$1,500 Sep 30, 2021 Junior League of Lansing Scholarship
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university. Students of all majors are encouraged to apply.
- Scholarship funds must be used to pay for qualified expenses, including tuition, books and on-campus room and board.
- Applicants must complete a scholarship nomination form
- Applicants must also provide transcripts
$1,000 April 1 of every year The Kaplan Group Business Scholarship Available to any undergraduate or graduate student with a GPA of 2.5 or higher, and pursuing a business or law-oriented degree program. $1,000
August 15, 2021
Law Offices of Matthew D. Sharp Scholarship Contest
- US resident or resident alien who is currently enrolled at a US college or university with a valid student ID
- Provide a 300-500 word essay addressing the question provided in the scholarship application
- Sign and return the contest application PDF along with your submission
August 10, 2021
LawnStarter Lawntrepreneur Scholarship
- Currently, previously, or looking to own/run a lawn care business.
- Passionate and ambitious.
- Have the willpower, work ethic, and desire to build the next great business.
- High school senior pursuing college or currently full-time college student in a two year, four year, or graduate program. Scholarship is open to all majors.
Provide the following:
- Copy of your transcript
- Copy of your updated resume
- 500-700 word personal essay on the following topic: "What makes you passionate about building a business?"
May 1 - Aug 20
Aug 31 - Dec 31
- Visit website for details
Varies Always open Mental Health Education Annual Scholarship
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in either High School, University or College as a full-time student (2020-2021 school year).
- Provide an essay answering questions regarding mental health, treatments, and philosophies.
- A picture of yourself or an image which best describes your essay.
July 1, 2021 -
Nov 30, 2021
Dec 31, 2021
Michigan Education and Training Voucher (METV)
- You must receive your first ETV prior to your 21st birthday. You are then eligible until your 23rd birthday, provided you receive at least a 2.0 GPA and do not drop more than one class per semester.
- Were in foster care on or after your 14th birthday because of abuse/neglect.
- Were adopted from foster care on or after your 16th birthday.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Attend at least half-time, an accredited school that:
- Awards a Bachelor's degree or no less than a 2-year program that provides credit towards a degree,
- Provides no less than 1-year of training towards gainful employment, or
- It is a vocational program that provides training for gainful employment and has been in existence for at least two years.
(check website for details)
Michigan Retailers Association (MRA) Scholarship Program Those eligible to apply are high school seniors and college freshmen, sophomores and juniors who are:
- Dependent sons and daughters of owners of MRA member businesses, or of full-time employees of Michigan Retailers Association member firms. The parent-employee must have been employed by a Michigan Retailers Association member firm for at least one year as of January 1 of the year in which the scholarships are awarded.
- Part-time employees of MRA member businesses who are full-time students. Part-time employees must have been employed by a Michigan Retailers Association member firm for at least six months as of January 1 of the year in which the scholarships are awarded.
$1,000 - $1,500 April 1 of every year North Spore Scholarship
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must be a legal resident of the United States or a holder of a valid student visa
- Must be currently enrolled in or accepted to a full-time program in an accredited US university or college
- Must be a student of mycology, a postgraduate student in mycology, or another related study.
$2,500 December 17, 2021 OutdoorStack's Financial Aid Program
- Must be a full-time, part-time, or online education student.
- Fill out application online
Varies Always open Paragon "Remodel or Relocate" Scholarship
- Must be currently registered in a college or vocational school
- Must be 18 years of age by the satrt of the program
- Must provide an essay
- Additional details provided online
July 31, 2021
P.E.O. Program for Continuing Education
The Program is intended to provide one-time need based grants to women who are citizens or legal permanent residents of the United States or Canada for use in completing a degree or certification necessary for improving or gaining skills leading to employment.
- citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States or Canada
- enrolled in a certification or degree program from an accredited institution
- living and studying in the United States or Canada for the entire course of study
- has had at least 24 consecutive months as a non-student sometime in her adult life
- within 18 consecutive months of completing her educational program which, at the conclusion of, will lead to employment or job advancement.
Maximum $3,000 See website for application submission deadlines. Pestcom Pest Management Student Success Scholarship
Scholarship awarded over two semesters
- Applicants must be enrolled or accepted into an accredited undergraduate program in the U.S., including incoming freshmen
- Available to traditional and international students
Scholarship is open to all majors
$1,000 October 31, 2021 Point Foundation
- Must be enrolled or intending to enroll at an accredited community college based in the United States in the Fall of 2020
- Must be in the final year of community college and intending to transfer to a bachelor’s degree program at a four year college or university for Fall 2021
- Must be "out" as a person who identifies as a member of the LGBTQ community
(check website for deadlines)
PotomacBeads $1000 Scholarship Program
The PotomacBeads scholarship provides a one-time reward of $1000 to pay for tuition, books, computers, room, and board, or any education-related expense. There’s no GPA requirement and no application forms.
This scholarship will be open to both undergrad and graduate students attending any accredited college university within the United States, as well as high school seniors who will be attending classes in the Fall of 2021.
August 10, 2021
August 17, 2021
Prevounce Preventive Health Scholarship
- Must be pursuing a career in health care or a health related field
- Must be entering or already established in an accredited, U.S.-based undergraduate program in fall 2021
Undergraduate Scholarship essay requirements:
- Must not exceed 750 words
- Must be typed and double spaced
- Please discuss why you are planning to pursue a career in health care and how you hope to play a role in preventing illness.
October 15, 2021
RevPart STEM 2022 Scholarship Candidates must attend an accredited college and must be pursuing a career in one of the following, Science, Technology, Engineering or Math to qualify for the RevPart scholarship.
December 31, 2021
Winner selected: February 15, 2022
Smile By Design Free Scholarship
- Enrollment verification at an accredited university, community college, online college, or high school
- Current high school seniors and college students
- Canadian & US citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Scholarship winner must submit a self-photo with Smile By Design Scholarship award, also grant permission to Smile By Design to use the self-photo for future promotional use of the Smile By Design Scholarship
Application Details and Requirements
- In 750 words or less, describe a plan that you would implement to grow a dental business using the latest technology.
- Student applicants must follow our Instagram Page to be involved with Smile By Design as part of the application requirement process.
$1,000 Dec 31, 2021 The State of Michigan will search for scholarships available in your county. Varies
(check website for details)
(check website for details)
United Yacht Sales 'Do The Right Thing' Scholarship
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited US college or university for the semester that they are applying to receive the scholarship
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply
- Students attending online universities are welcome to apply
- Please complete the online form to submit your application.
- Include a 500- 1,000-word essay answering the following question:
- Elaborate on a time in your life where you have had to do the right thing, even when it's been hard
- Please provide proof of enrollment - a transcript, class schedule, or tuition bill
$1,500 Dec 31 (annually) White Label SEO Marketing Scholarship
$1,000 given to two individuals each year
To apply for our marketing scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate college program in the USA
- You must either be studying marketing or business or looking after some marketing work for a company
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 is required to be eligible for the scholarship
Two awards of $1,000
May 15, 2021
Dec 15, 2021
Women Helping Educate Every Lady (WHEEL) Scholarship
- Student must be enrolled Fall 2021
- Provide an essay explaining the following:
- Your career choice
- Why now?
- Your inspiration
- Applicant cannot be an employee or immediate family member of an employee of LAFCU
Three awards of $1,000 July 31, 2021 Women's Independence Scholarship Program (WISP)
- Survived intimate partner abuse and has been separated from abuser a minimum of one year
- US Citizen or legal resident
- Has applied to or is accepted into an accredited course of student at a US institution
- Demonstrates critical need for financial assistance
Award is based on financial need No deadline (allow up to two months for review) Worthy Women's Scholarship 2021
All papers must be submitted by December 6th, 2021 (subject to deadline extension)
- Must be enrolled in a continuing education professional studies program
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of the United States
- Applicant must identify as a female and be over the age of 30
- The paper must fit the criteria of the topics outlined above
- Worthy, Inc. has the rights to the submitted content
- Submissions must be sent in from the valid email address of the author
Three scholarship awards available: $2,500
December 6, 2021 Youth Forward Scholarship Program Applicants must be currently enrolled in either High School, University or College as a full-time student (2020-2021 school year)
- What is the importance of driver education in reducing the number deaths as a result of driving?
- What steps can be taken to reduce the number of deaths related to driving?
- Have you ever had an experience of being in car accident or have seen your friends or family members driving irresponsibly?
- What steps can you take to be a better and safer driver as well as help others become safer on the road?
March 31, 2021
Aug 1, 2021
Nov 30, 2021
ZipRecruiter Scholarship Promotion
- be a legal resident of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia
- be 18 years of age or older (or at least the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence)
- be enrolled as a student at an accredited high school, college or university in the United States
(check website for details)
- American Psychological Association Scholarships, Grants and Awards
- APIASF General Scholarship is open to Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI)
- American Indian Graduate Center
- BestColleges.com Financial Aid Scholarships and Resources
- Big Future (The College Board)
- Career One Stop
- College-scholarships.com Scholarships
- Computer Science Scholarships - computerscience.org
- Grand Rapids Community Foundation Scholarships
- Genesco Migrant Center
- Immigrants Rising Undergraduate Scholarship Opportunities
- International Scholarships Search or IEFA Browse Awards
- Latino College Dollars
- MALDEF Scholarship Resource Guide
- Michigan Center for Nursing
- Money Geek
- National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation Scholarship Program
- NurseJournal.org - Nursing Scholarships for Men
- OnlinePsychologyDegree.org - Psychology Scholarship Opportunities
- Peterson's Scholarships
- Psychology Degree Guidebook
- Sallie Mae
- Scholarship America
- Scholarship Database
- Scholarship Directory
- Scholarship Experts
- Transfer Scholarship - UNCF General Scholarship Opportunity
- Transfer Scholarship - The University of Detroit Mercy