For Lansing H.O.P.E., Lansing Promise, and Mason Promise scholarships, visit our H.O.P.E. and Promise Scholarships page.
Please take a look at the following scholarship opportunities offered through a variety of outside resources, as well as online scholarship search engines.
Please note: the following resources are outside scholarships. Lansing Community College is not affiliated with the following scholarships. Lansing Community College does not endorse any specific website and is not responsible for the content on the website. Please visit the scholarship website for the latest accurate information, as details may change.
Outside Scholarship Resource
- The State of Michigan will search for scholarships available in your county.
Calmoura wishes to help students who are dedicated to pursuing their dream and help to improve the world of nursing & medicine.
- Must be at least 18 years old (at the time of disbursement).
- Must be a citizen of the United States, Canada or Australia.
- Must be enrolled in an academic program in a related field.
Nov 30, 2022
Chairish Design Your Future Scholarship
- Minimum 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA
- Open to graduating high school seniors, college undergraduates, and graduate students.
- Must be enrolled or planning to enroll at an accredited two-year, four-year, or technical/vocational college or university in the United States.
This scholarship is designed to support students from diverse backgrounds and students who are majoring in design-related fields such as architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, and engineering fields.
Jan 1 and June 30 of every year
Diamocycle.com Scholarship for Future Entrepreneurs
- High school graduate or GED without a bachelor’s degree
- Enrolled as at least a sophomore in a business program at a community college or a 4-year college/university
- Currently taking classes towards the degree
Scholarship is for the 2022-2023 school year, beginning August 2022.
June 1, 2022
The Dominguez Firm Collegiate Scholarship Award
- Student must be a US citizen or a permanent resident
- Student must be a senior in high school or a first or second-year college/trade school student
- Student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Student must demonstrate involvement in community activities
- Candidates should follow us on social media to stay updated regarding the winner.
$5,000 July 31, 2022 Employment Boost Scholarships
Must be a registered student at the institution and have a GPA of 3.6.
- Eligible colleges include two and four-year universities. Student must be registered at an institution that has applied at the institution by submitting the form
Student seeking this scholarship must submit:
- A 500 to 1,000 word essay based on the poem “Howl”, Part 1, by Allen Ginsberg. Write an essay that explains the message of the poem and what it means to you and today’s society.
- Or, students majoring in business or STEM must write an essay based on the following prompt: "How is technology going to change your way of life in 15 years?"
- A current unofficial transcript
- One letter of reference.
$1,000 Varies (check website for details) Equipment Leases Inc. College Scholarships
- Applicants should be currently enrolled or have been accepted to enroll in an accredited college or university in the U.S.
- Applicants should also maintain a good grade point average and include a copy of your transcript along with your completed application using our online form.
Feb 15 (yearly)
Sep 15 (yearly)
Future Lawyers Of America
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A demonstrated financial need
- Admission to or enrollment in an accredited university or college or law school
- Agree to outlined Terms and Conditions
- Submission of a completed application form
Submission of an essay on the suggested scholarship topic
June 21, 2022
Growing Your Community Scholarship
- GPA of at least 3.0
- Admitted to or enrolled in an accredited college, university, or graduate school in the U.S.
- OR Enrolled in an accredited high school in the U.S. (AND admitted to an accredited college)
June 15, 2022
Jet Future Business Leaders Scholarship
- The Jet Future Business Leaders Scholarship Contest is open to all United States citizens/residents.
- Applicants must complete all sections of the application to be considered.
- Applicants must be currently attending or planning to attend the upcoming academic semester.
- Applicants must write an essay addressing the prompt on the website.
- Provide proof of enrollment or acceptance into accredited institutions
- Agree to the terms and conditions of the Growing Your Community Scholarship
- Submit a 1,000 to 1,500-word essay describing your dedication to your school and the local community at large
Varies (check web site for details)
Junior League of Lansing Scholarship
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university. Students of all majors are encouraged to apply.
- Scholarship funds must be used to pay for qualified expenses, including tuition, books and on-campus room and board.
- Applicants must complete a scholarship nomination form
- Applicants must also provide transcripts
$1,000 April 1 of every year The Lessons In Your Home Scholarship
The Lessons In Your Home Scholarship is open to prospective and enrolled college students.
- To be fulltime in school
- Studying aspects of music, music business, performance, or production (major or minor in any music school program.)
- Studying at a U.S. Institution.
- Must be 18 or older (high school seniors welcome)
- Must be able to deliver all specified documents:
- proof of enrollment
- other information if necessary
$500 June 1, 2023 MBLExGuide Scholarship
- Participant must be a currently enrolled student in an approved entry-level massage education program in the US
- The student must be in good standing with their massage school and passing all classes.
- Proof of current enrollment must accompany your scholarship entry.
- Applicants must complete one written essay based on the topic described on the website and must follow all entry guidelines.
$1,000 June 30, 2022 Michigan Education and Training Voucher (METV)
- You must receive your first ETV prior to your 21st birthday. You are then eligible until your 23rd birthday, provided you receive at least a 2.0 GPA and do not drop more than one class per semester.
- Were in foster care on or after your 14th birthday because of abuse/neglect.
- Were adopted from foster care on or after your 16th birthday.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Attend at least half-time, an accredited school that:
- Awards a Bachelor's degree or no less than a 2-year program that provides credit towards a degree,
- Provides no less than 1-year of training towards gainful employment, or
- It is a vocational program that provides training for gainful employment and has been in existence for at least two years.
(check website for details)
Michigan Retailers Association (MRA) Scholarship Program Those eligible to apply are high school seniors and college freshmen, sophomores and juniors who are:
- Dependent sons and daughters of owners of MRA member businesses, or of full-time employees of Michigan Retailers Association member firms. The parent-employee must have been employed by a Michigan Retailers Association member firm for at least one year as of January 1 of the year in which the scholarships are awarded.
- Part-time employees of MRA member businesses who are full-time students. Part-time employees must have been employed by a Michigan Retailers Association member firm for at least six months as of January 1 of the year in which the scholarships are awarded.
$1,000 - $1,500 April 1 of every year To be eligible for the scholarship award, the applicant must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited US college or university for the semester that they are applying to receive the scholarship. Proof will be required to receive the scholarship. $1,000 July 31 (annually) The State of Michigan will search for scholarships available in your county. Varies
(check website for details)
(check website for details)
Students Affected by Cancer Scholarship
- You must be currently enrolled in, or were accepted to, an accredited college/university in the U.S. Undergraduate and graduate students are both welcome, as are incoming first-year students.
- Your GPA is 3.0 or higher.
- You are either a current/former cancer patient, or have stood by a loved one who was diagnosed with cancer.
- You must submit a copy of your transcript, along with your application and essay (see below) using the form on this page.
$1,000 June 15, 2022 Survivor of a Car Accident Scholarship
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Survived a car accident
- Received admission to or be currently enrolled in an accredited university or college or graduate school.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Complete the application form and submit it by the deadline.
- Write an essay on the scholarship topic and submit it with the completed application form by the designated deadline.
$2,500 June 15, 2022 United Yacht Sales 'Do The Right Thing' Scholarship
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited US college or university for the semester that they are applying to receive the scholarship
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply
- Students attending online universities are welcome to apply
- Please complete the online form to submit your application.
- Include a 500- 1,000-word essay answering the following question:
- Elaborate on a time in your life where you have had to do the right thing, even when it's been hard
- Please provide proof of enrollment - a transcript, class schedule, or tuition bill
$1,500 Dec 31 (annually) Value CPR Foundation Scholarship
- Be at least 18 years of age and studying in the United States
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.8
- Be currently enrolled in school majoring in a healthcare- or education-related field
If not currently enrolled, you must be applying to a college or university with plans to major in a healthcare- or education-related field for enrollment the following academic year.
$1,000 June 27th, 2022 Women's Independence Scholarship Program (WISP)
- Survived intimate partner abuse and has been separated from abuser a minimum of one year
- US Citizen or legal resident
- Has applied to or is accepted into an accredited course of student at a US institution
- Demonstrates critical need for financial assistance
Award is based on financial need March 1 Workers’ Compensation Scholarship
- Possess a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have experienced an injury from an accident on the job
- Initiate or have completed the workers’ compensation process
- Receive admission to or be currently enrolled in an accredited university or college or graduate school
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions
Complete the application form and submit it by the June 21, 2022 deadline
- Compose an essay about the scholarship topic and submit it with their application form by the June 21, 2022 deadline.
$2,500 June 21, 2022
- American Psychological Association Scholarships, Grants and Awards
- APIASF General Scholarship is open to Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI)
- American Indian Graduate Center
- Big Future (The College Board)
- Career One Stop
- College-scholarships.com Scholarships
- Computer Science Scholarships - computerscience.org
- Grand Rapids Community Foundation Scholarships
- Immigrants Rising Undergraduate Scholarship Opportunities
- LGBTQ Database
- MALDEF Scholarship Resource Guide
- Michigan Center for Nursing
- Money Geek
- National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation Scholarship Program
- Psychology Degree Guidebook
- Scholarship America
- Scholarship Directory
- Scholarships for LGBTQ+ Students
- Transfer Scholarship - UNCF General Scholarship Opportunity