Lansing Community College offers a variety of awards and scholarships every year for qualified students. Whether you are working toward an associate degree, certificate, or two-year transfer degree, LCC has a program designed for your success.
Awards and scholarships are resources that do not have to be paid back and are usually awarded for academic achievement or talent that may or may not be based on financial need.
Selection criteria and requirements vary according to the individual award or scholarship. Please click on the links below to learn more about the many award and scholarship opportunities available from LCC.
The scholarship application period for Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 has closed.
LCC Admission Facts
Important Dates & Deadlines
Awards and Scholarships Offered
The LCC Foundation offers numerous scholarships to students who meet the criteria established by the scholarship donors. Applicants will be considered for all Foundation scholarships especially those most aligned with their career and academic goals. The scholarships provide varying amounts of financial support, ranging from a $500 to $3,000.
LCC offers many awards and scholarships for students with special qualifications or interests in particular fields of study. These include Honors Program Awards, Occupational Program Awards, and Student Leadership Academy Service Scholarships. Board of Trustees and Women's Resource Center Awards, and Native American Tuition Waivers are also available for eligible students.
The college also administers the State of Michigan's scholarships to eligible students, such as Michigan Competitive Scholarships, Merit Award Scholarships, and more.
A step-by-step guide:
Prepare to Complete the General Scholarship Application
- Your personal statement is made up of four questions.
- Educational Goals: Please discuss the academic program you plan to study at LCC, any plans you have for education beyond LCC, and why you have chosen this area of study.
- Professional or Career Goals: Please discuss the specific occupation or profession you are interested in pursuing and why you are interested in this area. Be sure to include any work or volunteer related experience you have had in this area.
- Personal History: Please list any work related experience, internships or leadership experience you have. Tell us of any personal history of extreme hardship, obstacles you have overcome or special circumstances that exist.
- Answer the question, "Why you should be considered for an LCC scholarship?" We encourage you to use word processing tools to confirm that your answers are grammatically accurate. You may preview the content of your answers to ensure that no unusual formatting occurs after copy/paste from another program.
- Develop a List of School or Community Service Activities
- The name of the activity
- The dates you were involved
- Any leadership role you assumed or special awards received while participating
- Obtain Most Recent Transcript
- High school and/or college transcripts should be included.
- You must include LCC grades if applicable. (A printout of academic history from LCC's Banner Self Service is acceptable.)
- All academic history printouts from high schools must include a cumulative GPA
- Transcripts will be uploaded to the online scholarship application; therefore, you should scan or copy and save these as a .pdf file prior to beginning the application process. Instructions on turning LCC Academic History into a .pdf file can be found by clicking Here.
- Obtain Highest SAT/ACT Scores or LCC Placement Scores
- Needed only if applying for Honors, Star or Board of Trustee Awards.
- More information about LCC Placement Scores can be found Here.
- SAT/ACT scores already reported to LCC or LCC Placement Scores from tests already completed will be automatically added to the online scholarship application and visible in the Applicant Record tab. If you have not given your SAT/ACT scores to LCC or taken LCC Placement Tests, you can add SAT/ACT scores by uploading them to the application. To upload them, you must scan or copy the official SAT/ACT Scores document and save it as a .pdf file prior to beginning the application process.
- Obtain Financial Information
- Many Foundation scholarships have a need-based component
- Gather the previous year's family income reported to the IRS
- Estimate the current year's family income
Complete & Submit the General Scholarship Application
As the application is comprised of several steps, be sure to complete the preparatory steps listed above. You will access the General Scholarship Application by clicking on the link below (link is only viewable during open application times). You will sign into the scholarship application using your LCC username and password.
The scholarship application period for Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 has closed.
- Once your General Scholarship Application is submitted, information from your LCC record is added to the application. Review this information by clicking on the Applicant Record tab on the left side of the application.
- Scholarship decisions will be made using this information; therefore, it is important that it be correct. If your LCC information is incorrect, you must contact LCC Admissions, Registration and Records to correct the information. You cannot update this information using the scholarship application.
- If you do not see any LCC information in the Applicant Record tab after 48 hours has passed, please contact the Foundation Office at email@example.com.
- Additional information on imported information can be found by clicking LCC Information.
- Once your General Scholarship Application is submitted or saved, you can view a listing of all available scholarships by clicking on Opportunities on the blue navigation bar at the top of the scholarship application which is located below. You can also view available scholarships by clicking on the scholarship program links found at the top of this page.
- You will be considered for many scholarships automatically upon submitting your General Scholarship Application.
- Some scholarships require additional information and/or essays. These scholarships that you qualify for are listed on the Recommended page found by clicking on the Opportunities button on the blue navigation bar at the top of the page. Click on the name of each award to find out more about it and click on the Apply button to answer additional questions and apply for the scholarship.
- Frequently Asked Questions can be found at Scholarship Opportunities.
As the application is comprised of several steps, be sure to complete the preparatory steps listed above. You will access the General Scholarship Application by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page (link is only viewable during open application times). You will sign into the scholarship application using your LCC username and password.
Once notified that you have received an award, you must accept the award by the stated deadline or the award will be given to another student. Instructions on award acceptance will be included in the award e-mail. If you are receiving a LCC Foundation Scholarship, you will be required to submit a thank you note to be sent to the donor.
Questions regarding the scholarship process can be answered by Financial Aid (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 517-483-1200, option 1.
For additional information about other forms of financial aid available to students please contact the Lansing Community College Financial Aid Office at (517) 483-1200, option 1. All applicants are strongly urged to file a free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Have More Questions?
Visit the StarZone to get help with admissions, financial aid, academic advising,
payment plans, placement testing, orientation and all other student services.