The scholarship application is now available for the Fall 2023 & Spring 2024 school
year. The application is open until Tuesday, January 31, 2023.
Want to learn more about applying for scholarships? The Foundation offers workshops both in-person and online throughout the application period. Scholarship Workshops
Ready to get started? Apply for Scholarships Today
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
The LCC General Scholarship Application is used to apply for the following awards:
- Board of Trustees Awards
- Honors Program Awards
- Divisional Program Awards
- Foundation Scholarships
- Student Leadership Academy Service Scholarships
- Star Scholarship
To be considered for scholarships listed above, students must complete the online LCC General Scholarship Application.
New students must complete the following steps prior to applying for scholarships
- Complete the admissions application
- Receive their student number
- Claim their account in order to receive their username and password
Note: Students dual enrolled while in high school, enrolled in the LCC Early College or the LCC High School Completion Initiative do not need to reapply for admission. When completing the scholarship application you need to check the New Student box.
A step-by-step guide:
Prepare to Complete the General Scholarship Application
- Your personal statement is made up of five questions.
- Career or Occupational Goals: Tell us about the occupation or profession you are interested in and why you are interested. Be sure to include any work or volunteer related experience you have had in this area.
- Educational Goals: Tell us about the program you plan to study at LCC, any plans you have for education beyond LCC, and why you have chosen this area of study.
- Personal History: Tell us about yourself and your life. List any work-related experience, internships or leadership experience. Tell us about any personal history of hardship, obstacles, or difficult times that you have overcome or any special circumstance that exists in your life.
- Please describe an accomplishment that you are proud of or a struggle that you have overcome.
- Why should you be considered for a scholarship?
- Develop a List of School or Community Service Activities
- The name of the activity
- The dates you were involved
- Any leadership role you assumed or special awards received while participating
- Obtain Highest SAT/ACT Scores or LCC Placement Scores
- Needed only if applying for Honors, Star or Board of Trustee Awards.
- More information about LCC Placement Scores can be found here.
- SAT/ACT scores already reported to LCC or LCC Placement Scores from tests already completed will be automatically added to the online scholarship application and visible in the Applicant Record tab.
- Scores must be received by LCC no later than January 31 for consideration for the Honors, Star or Board of Trustee Awards.
- If you have not given your SAT/ACT scores to LCC or taken LCC Placement Tests, you can add SAT/ACT scores by uploading them to the application. To upload them, you must scan or copy the official SAT/ACT Scores document and save it as a .pdf file before beginning the application process.
- Obtain Financial Information
- Many Foundation scholarships have a need-based component
- Gather the previous year's family income reported to the IRS
- Estimate the current year's family income
- Think about any changes in your financial situation for the coming year, and be ready to describe the situation for the Foundation to consider when determining financial need.
Complete & Submit the General Scholarship Application
You will access the General Scholarship Application by clicking on the “Scholarship Login” link.
You will sign into the scholarship application using your LCC username and password.
Be sure to take your time while applying for scholarships. Scholarship applications are reviewed by LCC faculty and staff, donors and community members. Be sure to tell your authentic story.
Scholarship applications are due by 11:59 pm on January 31. You will receive an email from the scholarship system to your LCC email address confirming that your application has been received.
The application for scholarships for Fall 2021 & Spring 2022 is open from early November through January 31, 2021. Log in today to begin your application.
- Once your General Scholarship Application is submitted, information from your LCC record is added to the application. Review this information by clicking on the Applicant Record tab on the left side of the application.
- Scholarship decisions will be made using this information
- If your LCC information is incorrect, you must contact LCC Admissions, Registration and Records to correct the information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you do not see any LCC information in the Applicant Record tab after 48 hours has passed, please contact the Foundation Office at email@example.com.
- Once your General Scholarship Application is submitted or saved, you can view a listing of all available scholarships.
- Click on the "Opportunities" tab at the top of this page.
- When you submit your application, the system will automatically consider you for any scholarships where you meet the criteria.
- Some scholarships require additional information. These are listed on the "Recommended" page. Click on the "Opportunities" tab and then select "Recommended".
- Click on the name of each award to find out more and click on the “Apply” button to apply for the scholarship.
Award notification will be sent to your LCC email address, your home address by mail, and your preferred email address (if provided).
Scholarship awards are announced in early-April, mid-April, and early- May.
You will have two weeks from the date of the award to accept your award in the scholarship system and complete the post-acceptance tasks.
When you receive notification that you have received a scholarship offer, you will have two weeks to accept the award and complete the post-acceptance tasks.
Post-acceptance tasks include:
- Writing a thank-you note to your donor
- Telling us about why you chose your major
- Telling us about why you chose LCC for school
- Providing a picture that we can share with your donor (optional)
If we do not receive your acceptance and post-acceptance tasks within the two weeks, your scholarship offer will be canceled and you will not be eligible for another scholarship at LCC for the application period.
Questions regarding the scholarship process can be answered by the LCC Foundation Office at 517-483-1985 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Financial Aid at 517-483-1200, option 1.
For additional information about other forms of financial aid available to students please contact the Lansing Community College Financial Aid Office at (517) 483-1200, option 1, or visit our website at lcc.edu/finaid. All applicants are strongly urged to file a free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form online at studentaid.gov.
The StarZone is home to many student service departments such as admissions, academic advising, financial aid, student finance, testing and more! Visit the Enrollment Support Specialists in the StarZone for help with admissions, class registration, general financial aid questions and more.