To help with the move to online learning, LCC is offering laptops for students to borrow. The laptops will be available under the library’s lending program to take home and use for class work until the college’s physical locations reopen.
Where do I check out a laptop?
Students can call 517-483-1038 between the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM, Monday - Friday to set up an appointment to pick up an LCC laptop. Appointments are typically scheduled on Fridays, but can be scheduled for a different day.
When do I return my laptop?
Laptops checked out starting August 10th will not need to be returned until the end of Fall 2020 semester. If you need to return a laptop before the end of the semester, call 517-483-1038 to make arrangements.
What if I have technical issues with my laptop or my laptop is damaged?
Contact IT for technology help at email@example.com or 517-483-5221 or exchange the laptop (if possible) by calling 517-483-1038 to make an appointment.
What if I HAVE a hold on my account?
Call the Help Zone at 517-483-1038.
Below are some options for getting internet access:
- Mobile Hotspots - You may be able to check out a hotspot by contacting your LCC Academic Success Coach or from an area public library such as Capital Area District Library, Delta Township District Library, and East Lansing Public Library.
- Online Map of Free Wi-Fi Hotspots in Michigan - Map published by the State of Michigan with free wi-fi hotspots and information about how to access them.
- Broadband Map from the FCC - This map from the Federal Communications Commission lets you look up the broadband companies that provide internet access in your area.
- Low-Cost Internet Service Programs - EveryoneOn created this tool kit for K-12 districts and schools across the country to learn about low-cost internet programs that can be shared with students and families.&
- Universal Service Fund Lifeline Program (FCC) - Put in your zip code and find low-cost options from providers in your area.
Online Calculator Options:
How can I check out technology?
Bring your StarCard, Driver's License, or other photo ID to the Checkout Desk. You will be asked to complete and sign a brief borrower's agreement which describes the rules for borrowing.
How long can I keep the technology?
Most items are available for 28 day checkout.
How can I renew the technology?
Please bring it to the Checkout Desk. If there is not a waitlist, you can recheck out the same device.
Where do I return the technology?
Please return it to the Checkout Desk during Library hours.
What happens if I bring the technology back late?
For laptops and Kindles, there is a $10 per day charge up to the cost of the item. For other technology, there is a $1 per hour charge up to the cost of the item, if you bring it back late.
What happens if I lose the technology?
Each type of technology has different fees for loss or damage. You will be unable to check-out materials, receive grades, transcripts or register for classes until the fees are paid.
Can I download software or apps to borrowed devices?
You can request that the Library add applications or software to your devices.
“CreativeTools.se - PackshotCreator - Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus” by Creative Tools is licensed under CC BY 2.0