The LCC Archives is the official repository responsible for collecting, preserving, and providing access to materials related to LCC that have enduring historical value. The archives is not yet open to the public, but there are other resources to learn about LCC's history. Find out what is contained in the archives, as well as what resources about LCC history are currently available.
MATERIALS IN THE ARCHIVES
- Bound volumes of the Lookout student newspaper from 1968-1993
- Over 6,000 digital images
- 30 scrapbooks of newspaper clippings about LCC, International Programs and Student Clubs
- 320 boxes
- 40 flat file drawers with over 200 oversized items
The LCC Archives' storage space is currently located in the basement of the administration building. A Reading Room, Exhibit space and storage space will be moved to the TLC Building during the upcoming renovation.
- About LCC
- About LCC - History and Vision
- Course Catalogs (1957-present)
- Arts & Sciences Wall Image Catalog
- Campus Art Catalogs
- The Great State of Michigan: A Collection of Photographs of Michigan (displayed at LCC)
- A College for All Seasons: A History of Lansing Community College 1957-1987
- Prism: A Scholarly Compilation from the Arts and Sciences Division
- Washington Square Review
ABOUT the archives
In February 2017, the Records Information Specialist, Linnea Knapp, was contacted by LCC Library staff to discuss a collection of digital images of LCC. During that same discussion the Library staff mentioned a group of boxes that had been inventoried by a former library staff member in the 1990s. These boxes had originally been located in the Old Central Building, but at the time of the discussion they were located in the basement of the Administration Building.
After some further research into both collections, Linnea recognized the need to create an official archives repository at LCC as soon as possible in order to halt any further deterioration of the historical materials and to make materials accessible to the community.
In June 2017, an LCC Archives Proposal was presented to LCC's Executive Leadership Team, gaining their support. Linnea then met with staff in Facilities and the Library to discuss options for space. It was agreed that the best option for the LCC Archives would be to include space for it in the LCC Library Building as part of the upcoming renovation. In the meantime, space in the basement of the Administration Building could be outfitted to work as a temporary location, providing the appropriate storage environment for the materials.
If you have questions or would like to donate materials to the archives, contact:
Records Information Specialist