Modern Language Association (MLA) style is often by students in the humanities -- English, history, writing, etc.
Guides below are based on the MLA Handbook, 8th edition.
MLA Online Guides
- Citing Sources: MLA Style - LCC Library
- MLA Formatting & Style Guide - OWL at Purdue
- style.mla.org - Official MLA website
MLA Handouts - LCC Library
American Psychological Association (APA) style is often used by students in the social sciences -- psychology, sociology, business, nursing, etc.
Guides below are based on APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
APA Online Guides
- Citing Sources: APA Style - LCC Library
- APA Formatting & Style Guide - OWL at Purdue
- APAStyle.org - Official APA website
Set Up Your Paper APA Style
- PDF File APA Paper Formatting Guide - Baker College
- APA Formatting Step by Step Instructions - Indian River State College
- PDF File How to Format Your Essay in APA Style