Borrow from the Library
- LCC students, faculty, and staff
- University Center students, faculty, and staff
- Members of the LCC Alumni Foundation
- Capital Area District Library cardholders
- Take the item you want to check out to the 2nd floor Help Zone
- Show a photo ID such as a StarCard, driver's license, state ID, or passport to library staff.
- You may have up to 25 items checked out at any one time.
- Course Reserves can be found at the 2nd floor Help Zone and must be returned to the Help Zone. You may check out up to 3 reserve items at a time.
Library items have the following loan periods:
- Books: 28 days, two renewals
- Laptops: one semester, 2 hours, no renewals
- MeLCat (print): 28 days, one renewal
- MeLCat (some AV items): 14 days, no renewals
- Course Reserves: 2 hours, 48 hours, 1 week
- Interlibrary loan Items: varies by institution
You can return books in the dropbox on the first floor of the TLC Building near the Capitol and Shiawassee entrance. You can also bring the books to the 2nd floor Help Zone. If you are returning a laptop, please bring it to the 2nd Floor Help Zone.
You can renew an item online by logging into your Library Account or by calling the 2nd Floor Help Zone at (517) 483-1038.
As of 2021, we are no longer charging late fees for items. If an item is not returned by its due date, the item will become "billed overdue" and you will be responsible for the cost of the item until it is returned or paid for. For holds on accounts due to overdue items, please call (517) 483-1038.
Library and Learning Commons
The Library and Learning Commons are located on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floor of the Technology and Learning Center (TLC). Students can get tutoring, research, and technology help, use computers and a technology lab, as well as check out books, study rooms, and laptops.