Borrow from the Library
- LCC students, faculty, and staff
- Members of the LCC Alumni Foundation
- Take the item you want to check out to the 2nd floor Help Zone
- Show a photo ID such as a StarCard, driver's license, state ID, or passport to library staff.
- You may have up to 25 items checked out at any one time.
- Course Reserves can be found at the 2nd floor Help Zone and must be returned to the Help Zone. You may check out up to 3 reserve items at a time.
Library items have the following loan periods:
- Books: 28 days, two renewals
- Laptops: one semester, 2 hours, no renewals (for current students only. In library use laptops are available for Alumni)
- MeLCat (print): 28 days, one renewal
- MeLCat (some AV items): 14 days, no renewals
- Course Reserves: 2 hours, 48 hours, 1 week
- Interlibrary loan Items: varies by institution
You can return books in the dropbox on the first floor of the TLC Building near the Capitol and Shiawassee entrance. You can also bring the books to the 2nd floor Help Zone. If you are returning a laptop, please bring it to the 2nd Floor Help Zone.
You can renew an item online by logging into your Library Account or by calling the 2nd Floor Help Zone at (517) 483-1038.
In an effort to eliminate barriers to access the LCC Library went fine free in 2021.
- Overdue fines will no longer be charged.
- $600,000 + in past overdue fines have been cleared from patron records.
- Lost and damaged items are still subject to replacement fees.
- Items more than 28 days overdue are considered billed overdue, you are responsible for the cost of the item unless returned. If the item is returned all fees will be removed.