Textbooks (Course Reserves)
Check out a textbook on course reserve at the 2nd floor Help Zone.
Renew items and view checkouts.
Borrow from Other Libraries
Find out how to borrow from other libraries with MeLCat and Interlibrary Loan.
Check out laptops and calculators.
Borrow from the Library
Who Can Borrow | How to Check Out Items | How Long Can I Keep an Item | Returning Items | Renewing Items | Fines and Fees
Who Can Borrow
- LCC students, faculty, and staff
- University Center students, faculty, and staff
- Members of the LCC Alumni Foundation
- Capital Area District Library cardholders
How to Check out Items
- Take the item you want to check out to the 2nd floor Help Zone
- Show a photo ID such as a StarCard, driver's license, state ID, or passport to library staff.
- You may have up to 25 items checked out at any one time.
- Course Reserves can be found at the 2nd floor Help Zone and must be returned to the Help Zone. You may check out up to 3 reserve items at a time.
How long can I keep an item
Library items have the following loan periods:
- Books: 28 days, two renewals
- Laptops: one semester, 2 hours, no renewals
- MeLCat (print): 28 days, one renewal
- MeLCat (some AV items): 14 days, no renewals
- Course Reserves: 2 hours, 48 hours, 1 week
- Interlibrary loan Items: varies by institution
How to Return Items
You can return books in the dropbox on the first floor of the TLC Building near the Capitol and Shiawassee entrance. You can also bring the books to the 2nd floor Help Zone. If you are returning a laptop, please bring it to the 2nd Floor Help Zone.
How to Renew Items
You can renew an item online by logging into your Library Account or by calling the 2nd Floor Help Zone at (517) 483-1038.
Fines and Fees
In an effort to eliminate barriers to access the LCC Library went fine free in 2021.
- Overdue fines will no longer be charged.
- $600,000 + in past overdue fines have been cleared from patron records.
- Lost and damaged items are still subject to replacement fees.
- Items more than 28 days overdue are considered billed overdue, you are responsible for the cost of the item unless returned. If the item is returned all fees will be removed.
Library and Learning Commons
The Library and Learning Commons are located on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floor of the Technology and Learning Center (TLC). Students can get tutoring, research, and technology help, use computers and a technology lab, as well as check out books, study rooms, and laptops.
Technology & Learning Center (TLC)
400 N. Capitol Ave.
Lansing, MI 48933
A StarCard is required to enter the TLC building.
Contact the Library
TLC Building - 2nd & 3rd Floor
Contact the Learning Commons
TLC Building - 1st and 2nd Floor