Students Tackle Academic Resources (STARS) Tutorial was designed by LCC librarians to teach students how to locate credible and reliable information. The tutorial should take about two hours to complete.
- How to Find a Topic - Lansing Community College
- How to Search OneSearch - Lansing Community College
- Choosing a Database - Lansing Community College
- Finding an Article in General OneFile - Lansing Community College
- Advanced Database Searching - Lansing Community College
- One Perfect Source? - North Carolina State University
- Picking Your Topic IS Research - North Carolina State University
- Magazine or Journal? Use Ulrichsweb to Find Out - Lansing Community College
- Identifying and Evaluating Sources - Lansing Community College
- Evaluating Medical Information - Lansing Community College
- Jane Says: CRAAP Test - Parkland College
- Peer Review in 3 Minutes - North Carolina State University
- Anatomy of a Scholarly Journal Article - North Carolina State University
- Information Cycle - University of South Florida Library
Citation and Plagiarism
- MLA Citation - Lansing Community College Library
- Citation: A (Very Brief Introduction) - North Carolina State University
- Plagiarism Tutorials - Indiana University Bloomington
- You Quote It! You Note It! - Acadia University
- Understanding Plagiarism - Butler University
- What is Plagiarism? - Rutgers University
Online Learning Librarian
Library and Learning Commons
The Library and Learning Commons are located on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floor of the Technology and Learning Center (TLC). Students can get tutoring, research, and technology help, use computers and a technology lab, as well as check out books, study rooms, and laptops.
Technology & Learning Center (TLC)
400 N. Capitol Ave.
Lansing, MI 48933
A StarCard is required to enter the TLC building.
Contact the Library
TLC Building - 2nd & 3rd Floor
Contact the Learning Commons
TLC Building - 1st and 2nd Floor