The annual Job and Internship Fair will be held online via Brazen Connect, a software to host the fair virtually. Because of this change, employers from certain fields/industries will participate on specific dates which offer both morning and afternoon sessions. The fields are Healthcare, Business/IT, and Skilled Trades/Manufacturing.
For attendee or job seeker registration, click on the session you would like to join for the day you wish to participate. The links will take you to the Brazen Connect webpage where you will register to attend. Employers wishing to participate must fill out the form below; our staff will submit your entry to participate.
Job Seeker Registration
Virtual Job Fair events are hosted on the Brazen platform by LCC and are made possible thanks to the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity's Office of Employment and Training.
Click on the session (morning or afternoon) you would like to join for the day or field you wish to participate.
Tips for a Successful Virtual Job Fair
Before the Fair
- Watch the Brazen Virtual Event Guide Video.
- Familiarize yourself with how the Brazen Virtual Job Fair platform works.
- Register ahead of time
- Registering before the event will help prevent any last-minute problems and will allow you to preview the organizations participating in the fair.
- Research employers
- Doing company research in advance is helpful and shows you are prepared and interested.
- When you register to attend an LCC job fair, you gain access to virtual employer booths.
- Learn what you can from exploring the company's/organization's website, too.
- Test your technology
- A virtual job fair can allow you to showcase your technology skills to an employer. Check the quality of your internet connection and webcam (if you have one) in advance.
- Have your resume reviewed
- View LCC's Brand Yourself Guide for helpful resume tips and samples.
- Have your resume reviewed prior to the fair by emailing a copy to email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed and returned within 3 business days. Resumes must be submitted between Monday - March 8 and Wednesday - March 17.
- Have a resume available during the fair to email to employers.
During the Fair
- Set the stage and minimize distractions
- Choose an area of your home or space with a business-like background. Keep it organized, simple, and uncluttered.
- Set up your computer so that the camera is at eye level.
- Create quiet conditions in and around your video space. Minimize possible distractions.
- Dress for success
- Dress as if you were going to a job interview (e.g., wear a suit) or at least dress in business casual attire.
- Most employer interactions at a virtual job fair will be done through chat functions. However, some employers may wish to speak with you using video. Be prepared for both and be dressed professionally.
- Be prepared
- Organizations have the option to enable video chat or text chat. Be prepared for both.
- Practice your elevator speech and have a brief introduction typed up to enter into the chat box. Check your spelling and grammar. An elevator speech allows you to briefly (i.e., in about two minutes or less) introduce yourself to an employer, express your career/employment direction/goal, describe some of your value, and let the employer know what you would like to learn more about from them at the fair.
- Have a resume available to email to each organization.
- Have a paper and pen available to take notes. Be sure to write down email addresses and follow-up instructions.
- Use professional communication.
- Grammar matters. Most of your communication will be through written interactions in the chat function of Brazen. Use this as an opportunity to demonstrate your written communication skills.
- Avoid abbreviations, slang, and emoticons.
- Be aware of and manage your body language.
- There will not be an introductory handshake, but you still have the opportunity to showcase your communication and human relations skills, show confidence, and exhibit enthusiasm.
- Sit up straight with good posture and smile.
After the Fair
- Thank Employers
- Thank employers during the fair for participating, for their time, and/or for the information they provided.
- Ask each employer you speak with for their full name and contact information, especially their email address. Contact Career & Employment Services (CES) after a fair coordinated by CES for employers’ email addresses if you need to.
- Send a thank-you email or letter to each employer with whom you had a discussion at a fair. Send each thank you out within 24 to 48 hours after the fair.
Career & Employment Services
Credit for Prior Learning
LCC offers credits toward a degree or certificate for prior work experience!
All sessions are full. Contact Rebecca Sowa at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
Is there a cost to participate in LCC's Virtual Job Fairs?
No, all virtual job fairs are free for employers and job seekers.
Can an employer participate in both the morning and afternoon session?
Yes, employers can participate in the morning session (9am-12pm), afternoon session (1pm-4pm), or both. Employers may have different representatives participate in each session.
Is there a deadline to register?
Yes, the deadline to register is February 16, 2021 or earlier if all booths have been filled.
I've participated in a virtual job fair using Brazen already, do I need to create a new booth for this event?
No. We can request that a copy the employer's information be copied to other events. Please send requests to email@example.com. Information needed to clone a booth:
- Name of Booth/title of the original event and date you participated in
- SPECIFY what tabs you want copies, and if you want your representatives copied
- Takes up to 7-10 days
After your booth has been copied you will need to edit the location and job opportunities as appropriate.
Is there booth owner training available?
What browser should I use during the virtual job fair?
Participants must use Chrome to successfully navigate the Virtual Job Fair.
Who do I contact with questions?
Becca Sowa at firstname.lastname@example.org