The 2024 Job and Internship fair will be held Wednesday, March 20, 2024 from 2-5pm at LCC's Downtown Campus. The annual Job and Internship fair is free and open to LCC students, alumni, and the general public. The fair will bring employers recruiting for full-time, part-time, and internship opportunities.
Wednesday, March 20
Free parking in the Gannon ramp at 600 N. Grand Ave. Lansing, MI 48933
Cata routes available
Tips for a Successful Job Fair
Before the Fair
- Register ahead of time
- Registering before the event will allow you to enter the event faster and avoid lines.
Have your resume reviewed
- Current LCC students and alumni, schedule a resume review appointment online.
- Bring multiple copies for your resume to the fair.
- Review LCC's Brand Yourself Guide for helpful resume information.
- Research employers
- View the list of registered employers under Registered Employers
- Choose the employers you want to connect with at the fair. Research the websites of those companies/agencies/organizations that may interest you, decide which employers you would like to talk with the most.
During the Fair
- Dress for success
- Dress as if you were going to a job interview (e.g., wear a suit) or at least dress in business casual attire.
- Be prepared
- Practice your elevator speech and have a brief introduction prepared. An elevator speech allows you to briefly introduce yourself to an employer, express your career/employment direction/goal, describe some of your value, and let the employer know what you would like to learn more about from them at the fair.
- Have multiple copies of your resume available to leave with each organization you talk with.
- Use your time well at the fair. During check-in you will be provided with a map of where individual employers are located. Be strategic. If the line at your 1st choice employer's table is long, you may want to visit your 2nd choice employer's table first and return to your 1st choice employer's table afterwards.
- Be aware of and manage your body language.
- Be very polite and courteous. Wait your turn in line. Do not interrupt employers.
- Make good eye contact.
- Thank the employer for participating in the Fair and for his/her/their time.
After the Fair
- Thank Employers
- Thank employers during the fair for participating, for their time, and/or for the information they provided.
- Ask each employer you speak with for their full name and contact information, especially their email address. Contact Career & Employment Services (CES) after a fair coordinated by CES for employers' email addresses if you need to.
- Send a thank-you email or letter to each employer with whom you had a discussion at a fair. Send each thank you out within 24 to 48 hours after the fair.
Career & Employment Services
- AF Group & Emergent Holdings
- Ascension Michigan
- Auto-Owners Insurance Company
- Avalon Roofing and Exteriors
- Blarney Castle Oil Co.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Brightwell Behavioral Health
- Burcham Hills Retirement Community
- CACS Head Start
- Capital Area Michigan Works!
- Capital Area Transportation Authority
- Capital Steel & Wire Inc.
- Chick-fil-A Lansing
- City of East Lansing
- City of Lansing Public Service Department
- City Year Detroit
- Clinton County Parks and Green Space
- Cradles to Crayons Child Care and Early Learning Center
- Dakkota Integrated Systems
- Dart Bank
- Dart Container Corporation
- Dean Transportation
- Delta Dental of Michigan
- Department of Michigan State Police
- Eaton Rapids Medical Center
- Eng., Inc
- Fair Housing Center of Southeast & Mid Michigan
- Fluid Chillers Inc.
- Frankenmuth Insurance
- Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan
- Henry Ford Jackson Hospital
- Ingham County
- Ingham County Sheriff's Office
- Ingham Intermediate School District
- LaFontaine Automotive Group
- Lake Trust Credit Union
- Lansing Board of Water and Light
- Lansing Community College
- Lansing Police Department
- Lansing Urgent Care
- Loc Performance
- Maru Hospitality Group
- McLaren Health Care
- Memorial Healthcare
- Meridian Magnesium
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources Law Enforcement Division
- Michigan Farm Bureau Family of Companies
- Michigan State University - Infrastructure Planning and Facilities
- Michigan State University - Student Life and Engagement HR
- Midwest Press & Automation LLC
- MS Ultrasonic Technology
- MSU Federal Credit Union
- MSU IT
- Niowave, Inc.
- Paxton Countertops
- Raising Cane's
- Sparrow Health System
- State of Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services
- Summit Contractors, Inc.
- Thai Summit America
- Tri-County Office on Aging
- Trilogy Health Services
- Turning Leaf Behavioral Health Services
- Ultium Cells
Credit for Prior Learning
LCC offers credits toward a degree or certificate for prior work experience!
Is there a cost to participate in LCC's Virtual Job Fairs?
No, the job fair is free for employers and job seekers.
Is there a deadline to register?
Yes, the deadline to register is February 23, 2024 or earlier if all booths have been filled.
Who do I contact with questions?
Becca Sowa at firstname.lastname@example.org