Vibe With Us!
LCC Connect is looking for student Stars with something to say! The Podcast Power Up is a two-round show pitching contest for LCC students to share their voices and vibe on-air on WLNZ 89.7FM and on-demand across the globe!
Pitch us your idea for a new podcast by entering the 2nd Annual Podcast Power Up Contest!!Enter the Contest
2022 Podcast Power-Up Winners
Two LCC students were selected as winners of the inaugural Podcast Power-Up Contest. Learn more about them their shows below.
Madison Lockwood - Rockstar Mentality
Step on stage and unlock your inner rockstar with Madz on Rockstar Mentality. She uses her relatable experiences, raw honesty, and stripped advice to connect with others and be a voice for her generation.
Brittany Pier - It's Brittany B!
Brittany Bell takes you on a journey to break down the subjects that most of us want to talk about, listen to or be part of.
How it Works
This contest is open to all currently enrolled LCC students, and all formats, topics and ideas are welcome. Shows with an emphasis on highlighting the student experience at LCC are preferred. Students planning to attend LCC in Fall 2023 are also eligible to participate.
The Podcast Power Up Contest has two rounds. Finalists will be selected in August to participate in an in-studio pilot production of their show.
- Submit your show idea by using the form below.
- First round of submissions will be accepted between April 15th – August 1st, 2023.
- To be considered for the contest, all applicants must complete the entire form including providing an audio or video example.
- All submissions must be submitted through the online form. Any other form of submission will not be accepted.
- Finalists will be selected on September 1st and notified via email.
- Selected finalists will have the opportunity to record a pilot show in the WLNZ studio.
- Recorded pilots will be reviewed by the Contest Committee and evaluated based on show viability. Those selected to move forward with on-air production will be contacted by the Contest Committee no later than Monday, October 16, 2023.
All submissions will be reviewed by a committee made up of LCC students, faculty and staff.
Guidelines & Information
- Must be a currently enrolled LCC student or planning to enroll for Fall 23.
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity.
- All show hosts are considered ambassadors of LCC and must display professional and polite behavior when performing duties in LCC studios and interacting with the public on behalf of LCC.
- LCC’s broadcast license is noncommercial. Prospective programmers should immediately disclose conflicts of interest. Shows focused on promoting one’s products, record label, books, etc. will not air. Your show should be a labor of love without financial gain to you or others.
- We wish to unite the community and speak to listener’s minds. A calm conversation or debate on a religious or political topic is acceptable, but dogmatic preaching is not.
- Your show may not contain obscene, indecent, or profane content. See the FCC page giving an overview. This is true no matter what time of day your show airs even if your show is expected to run during the FCC ‘safe harbor’ period.
Ready to Vibe? Enter the Podcast Power Up Contest below!
The 2023 contest submission form will be available April 15 - August 1.
About LCC Connect
LCC Connect is the official home of the Voices, Vibes and Vision of Lansing Community College!
Offering hours of exciting, original programming and hosted by faculty, staff and community members, LCC Connect explores our college's work in the community, important topics in higher education, and our vision for the future.
Catch the vibe on Saturdays at 1:00 p.m. and Sundays at 6:00 p.m. on 89.7FM.