Administrative Appeals must be filed within 1 year from the start of the semester that the situation occurred. For example, if the situation occurred during spring 2020 semester the last day to submit an Administrative Appeal would be January 13th 2021 which is one year from the start of spring 2020 semester.
Please allow up to 45 business days to receive a response from the Registrar's Office. If you have any questions, please call 517-483-1200 and select option 2, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrative Appeals can be filed in relation to the following situations:
- College Error - College personnel or technology did not follow established policy/procedures, which negatively affected the student's choices or outcome.
- Emergency Situation - An emergency life situation beyond the student's control prevented the student from successfully completing courses.
- Unexpected Event - An unexpected event or information prevented the student from taking appropriate action before a deadline.
- Understandable Misinformation - For an understandable reason, the student did not know about or misinterpreted a college policy or procedure and, as a result, took an action that resulted in a negative consequence.
- Residency Error - All appeals for retroactive awarding of in-district residency status and refund of excess charges.
Appeals should be supported with documented evidence, i.e. copies of emails, My Academic Pathways (MAPs), D2L communications, proof of residency. Documentation must be provided by the student.
Appeals requested for medical or mental health reasons must include information obtained from a healthcare professional. This information must be submitted on the provider's letterhead along with this form, and must include the following:
- Healthcare professional's Name
- Contact Information
- Date of onset and duration of illness
- Date the student was/will be capable of resuming academic studies
- The student submits the appeal located on the LCC Student Appeals & Complaints webpage.
- The Registrar’s Office will evaluate the appeal for approval or denial.
- The Registrar’s Office will communicate the decision in writing within twenty (20) business days of the date that the appeal was submitted.
- The student will have ten (10) business days from the date of the letter to appeal the decision of the Registrar and request that the appeal be reviewed by the Administrative Appeals Committee.
- If the student requests the appeal to be reviewed by the committee, the Student Affairs Division Office will forward the information over to the Administrative Appeals Committee.
- The Administrative Appeals Committee will review the appeal within thirty (30) business days and notify the student in writing of the result of the appeal. The decision from the Administrative Appeals Committee is considered final.