Submit applications for associate degrees and certificates to the Registrar's Office the semester the program requirements are completed on or before the deadline.
- March 15 - Last day to apply for Spring semester degrees and certificates.
- July 15 - Last day to apply for Summer semester degrees and certificates.
- November 15 - Last day to apply for Fall semester degrees and certificates.
Prior to submitting an application for an Associate Degree, Certificate of Achievement, or Certificate of Completion; students should consult with an advisor to review progress toward completing requirements. For specific graduation requirements refer to: Graduation Requirements, Certificates and Degrees.
- Application for Degree and Certificates
- Only pathway/curricular guides with current effective dates can be used.
- You may not use a pathway/curricular guide that predates your first semester of enrollment.
- For questions, contact the department indicated on the pathway/curricular guide.
Attach a signed Course Substitution and Waiver Authorization form, if you have course substitutions and/or waivers that are not indicated in Degree Works.
Your application will be denied if:
- Transfer courses that are required for your program are not posted to your academic record.
- There are incomplete grades on courses required for your program.
To order a replacement diploma or certificate, or to order a tassel or honor cord, go to the Student Graduation store in Marketplace. If you prefer to print and mail the Graduation Replacement Request, the form is available on the Registrar Forms webpage. There is a fee for each item.
Commencement Ceremony – May 9, 2024
The 2024 Commencement Ceremony will be held at the Jack Breslin Student Events Center, Michigan State University on Thursday, May 9, 2024 at 6:00 p.m. The Breslin Center has a clear bag policy and has prohibited items. For a full list of items that are permitted, along with the list of items that are prohibited, please visit The Breslin Center Bag Policy. Students who have earned an associate degree or a certificate from Summer 2023 and Fall 2023, as well as students who are approved for an associate degree or certificate Spring 2024 may participate in the Commencement Ceremony. Eligible students will be notified in mid-April.
If you have any questions regarding the Commencement Ceremony, please contact the Registrar's Office at (517) 483-1200.
Cap & Gown
All eligible students will be notified via their LCC student email mid-April with details on how to participate in the upcoming annual spring commencement ceremony and pick up their cap and gown.
Graduation honors are granted to students who are awarded an associate degree and have completed 40 semester credit hours of work at Lansing Community College. Students who maintain a grade point average stated below will be awarded the following honors at graduation:
Grade Point Average (GPA)
Honors Awarded at Graduation
3.75 – 4.00
Summa Cum Laude (with highest honors)
3.50 – 3.74
Magna Cum Laude (with high honors)
3.25 – 3.49
Cum Laude (with honors)