Submit applications for associate degrees and certificates to the Registrar's Office the semester the program requirements are completed on or before the deadline.
- March 15 - Last day to apply for Spring semester degrees and certificates.
- July 15 - Last day to apply for Summer semester degrees and certificates.
- November 15 - Last day to apply for Fall semester degrees and certificates.
Prior to submitting an application for an Associate Degree, Certificate of Achievement, or Certificate of Completion; students should consult with an advisor to review progress toward completing requirements. For specific graduation requirements refer to: Graduation Requirements, Certificates and Degrees.
- Application for Degree and Certificates
- Only pathway/curricular guides with current effective dates can be used.
- You may not use a pathway/curricular guide that predates your first semester of enrollment.
- For questions, contact the department indicated on the pathway/curricular guide.
Attach a signed Course Substitution and Waiver Authorization form, if you have course substitutions and/or waivers that are not indicated in Degree Works.
Your application will be denied if:
- Transfer courses that are required for your program are not posted to your academic record.
- There are incomplete grades on courses required for your program.
To order a replacement diploma or certificate, or to order a tassel or honor cord, go to the Student Graduation store in Marketplace. If you prefer to print and mail the Graduation Replacement Request, the form is available on the Registrar Forms webpage. There is a fee for each item.
Commencement Ceremony – May 11, 2023
The 2023 Commencement Ceremony will be held at the Jack Breslin Student Events Center, Michigan State University on Thursday, May 11, 2023 at 7:00 p.m. Please note that the Breslin Center has a NO BAG policy. This includes no purses. For a full list of prohibited items, driving and parking directions, please visit www.breslincenter.com. Students who have earned an associate degree or a certificate from Summer 2022 and Fall 2022, as well as students who are approved for an associate degree or certificate Spring 2023 may participate in the Commencement Ceremony. Eligible students will be notified in mid-April.
If you have any questions regarding the Commencement Ceremony, please contact the Registrar's Office at (517) 483-1200.
Students who earn an Associate Degree are eligible for graduation honors. Students who maintain a 3.75 or higher grade point average will be graduated Summa Cum Laude (with highest honors); those who maintain a 3.50-3.74 grade point average will be graduated Magna Cum Laude (with high honors); those with a 3.25-3.49 will be graduated Cum Laude (with honors). Students must complete 40 semester credit hours of work at Lansing Community College to qualify for honors.