Due to the spread of COVID-19, LCC has made the painful decision to alter the format of our spring 2020 commencement ceremony. The college will recognize the success of our graduates virtually, with a virtual commencement on May 15. We will also invite all 2020 graduates to attend our 2021 commencement ceremony.
Submit applications for associate degrees and certificates to the Registrar's Office the semester the program requirements are completed on or before the deadline.
- March 15 - Last day to apply for Spring semester degrees and certificates.
- July 15 - Last day to apply for Summer semester degrees and certificates.
- November 15 - Last day to apply for Fall semester degrees and certificates.
Prior to submitting an application for an Associate Degree, Certificate of Achievement, or Certificate of Completion; students should consult with an advisor to review progress toward completing requirements. For specific graduation requirements refer to: Graduation Requirements, Certificates and Degrees.
Attach the curricular guide to be used to audit your application. If none is attached, the application will be returned.
- Only curricular guides with current effective dates can be used.
- You may not use a curricular guide that predates your first semester of enrollment.
- For questions, contact the department indicated on the curricular guide.
Attach a signed Course Substitution and Waiver Authorization form, if you have course substitutions and/or waivers.
Your application will be denied if:
- Transfer courses that are required for your program are not posted to your academic record.
- There are incomplete grades on courses required for your program.
Applications not submitted electronically can be dropped off in the StarZone - 2nd floor Gannon Building; or
Lansing Community College
411 N Grand Ave
Lansing, MI 48933
Commencement Ceremony - May 15, 2020
Due to the spread of COVID-19, the 2020 Commencement Ceremony will be held virtually, with an online commencement on Friday, May 15, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. The ceremony is for students who have earned an associate degree or a certificate from Summer 2019 and Fall 2019, as well as students who are approved for an associate degree or certificate Spring 2020. All 2020 graduates will be invited to attend our 2021 commencement ceremony.
If you have any questions concerning the Commencement Ceremony, please contact the Registrar's Office at (517) 483-1200.
Students who earn an Associate Degree are eligible for graduation honors. Students who maintain a 3.75 or higher grade point average will be graduated Summa Cum Laude (with highest honors); those who maintain a 3.50-3.74 grade point average will be graduated Magna Cum Laude (with high honors); those with a 3.25-3.49 will be graduated Cum Laude (with honors). Students must complete 40 semester credit hours of work at Lansing Community College to qualify for honors.