What is a Research Database?
A research database can help you search and access reliable and credible information from:
- Journals, magazines, and newspapers
- Books and e-books
- Videos and podcasts
- Images, maps, and illustrations
- Radio and television transcripts
You can search a database by keyword, subject, author, title, or publication title.
Why Use a Research Database
Improve the Quality of Your Papers
- Databases contain credible and reliable sources.
- Find scholarly sources.
- Articles are written by experts and journalists.
Save You Time
Databases help you find the sources you need for college classes and provide:
- Topic suggestions
- Citation help
- Articles tagged by subject / topic
- Emailing, printing, or downloading of articles
Save You Money
Many articles are not available for free on the Internet, but your LCC username and password provide you access to articles in databases worth over $300,000.
Try the Research Databases
Watch this video to learn more about what research databases are and why you need them.
Get started searching in the Research Databases!
Library and Learning Commons
The Library and Learning Commons are located on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floor of the Technology and Learning Center (TLC). Students can get tutoring, research, and technology help, use computers and a technology lab, as well as check out books, study rooms, and laptops.