Borrow from the Library
- LCC students, faculty, and staff
- University Center students, faculty, and staff
- Members of the LCC Alumni Foundation
- Capital Area District Library cardholders
- Take the item you want to check out to the Checkout desk.
- Show a photo ID such as a StarCard, driver's license, state ID, or passport to library staff.
- You may have up to 25 items checked out at any one time.
- Course Reserves can be found at the Checkout Desk and must be returned to the Checkout Desk. You may check out up to 3 reserve items at a time.
Library items have the following loan periods:
- Books: 28 days, two renewals
- Laptops and Kindles: 28 days, no renewals
- MeLCat (print): 28 days, one renewal
- MeLCat (some AV items): 14 days, no renewals
- Course Reserves: 2 hours, 48 hours, 1 week
- Interlibrary loan Items: varies by institution
You can check your library fines by logging onto My Account. Banner holds are placed on student accounts until all fees are paid. You will be unable to check out library materials until all fees are paid. Please contact the Checkout Desk at (517) 483-1626 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about a Banner hold on your account.
- Visit the library Checkout Desk to pay your library fines.
- You may pay with cash, a personal check or credit card.
- Library payments are non-refundable.
- Reserve Items: $.50 per hour open up to the cost of the item.
- Kindles: $10 per day up to the cost of the item.
- Laptops: $10 per day up to the cost of the item (28 day laptops), $.50 per hour (2 hour laptops)
Lost and Damaged Items
Replacement fees for lost and damaged items:
- Books: $45
- Leisure reading and ESOL books $25
- Reference books: $100
- Reserve and Interlibrary loan items: varies by item
- Marker sets and Headphones: $10
- USB and Ethernet cables: $15
- HDMI, VGA, Thunderbolt cables: $15
- Kindles: $250
- Laptops: $1250