Borrow from the Library
- LCC students, faculty, and staff
- University Center students, faculty, and staff
- Members of the LCC Alumni Foundation
- Capital Area District Library cardholders
- Take the item you want to check out to the 2nd floor Help Zone
- Show a photo ID such as a StarCard, driver's license, state ID, or passport to library staff.
- You may have up to 25 items checked out at any one time.
- Course Reserves can be found at the 2nd floor Help Zone and must be returned to the Help Zone. You may check out up to 3 reserve items at a time.
Library items have the following loan periods:
- Books: 28 days, two renewals
- Laptops: one semester, 2 hours
- MeLCat (print): 28 days, one renewal
- MeLCat (some AV items): 14 days, no renewals
- Course Reserves: 2 hours, 48 hours, 1 week
- Interlibrary loan Items: varies by institution
You can return books in the dropbox on the first floor of the TLC Building near the Capitol and Shiawasee entrance. You can also bring the books to the 2nd floor Help Zone. If you are returning a laptop, please bring it to the 2nd Floor Help Zone.
No fines and fees will be charged at this time. Should you have a Library hold on your account please call 517-483-1038 to remove the hold.