The Academic Affairs Office provides leadership for instruction and student support services. The Academic Affairs Office works with departments and programs to assure that all standards required for accreditation, federal and state compliance, and program licensure and certification are maintained.
This office is also responsible for maintaining transfer guides and articulation agreements with colleges, universities, and other organizations. In addition, the Academic Affairs Office, through the Center for Teaching Excellence, eLearning, and the Library, is responsible for providing training opportunities for faculty and staff to help assure that our students get the highest quality instruction and support.
The goals of the Academic Affairs Office are:
- To promote excellence in academic offerings, delivery, and fiscal responsibility.
- To provide learning and support opportunities for students, faculty, and staff to grow in subject matter expertise, pedagogical knowledge, and technology integration, with the goal of promoting learning.
- To create pathways for student opportunity and success through articulations and partnerships.
- To empower the LCC community to learn, teach, and discover.
- To offer areas designated solely to students to be successful, such as tutoring, study strategy assistance, handouts, various study tools, and quiet space for studying.
In This Section: