From Intention to Action
December 8, 2021
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Join us for a national conversation among higher-education professionals on diversity, equity, inclusion (DEI) and accessibility. With special guest panelists and moderators from across the country, we'll take a deep dive into actionable strategies to help move the needle on DEI at your institution through collaboration and action.
Topics & Engagement Opportunities
- What is diversity really, and why does it matter?
- What are some mistakes to avoid making when implementing DEI programs including accessibility strategies and changes on your campus?
- How have institutions been able to enhance DEI efforts and implement action plans college-wide?
- What are some of the current challenges for DEI leaders and what steps can institutions take to overcome systemic barriers to real change?
- What does the future of DEI look like and what can be done to ensure we move from intention to action?
- Breakout Session Activities focused on sharing great DEI work happening around the country
- Moderated Panel discussion with national leaders
- Understand the DEI landscape as it pertains to higher-education
- Learn foundational concepts and strategies surrounding DEI and accessibility
- Gain knowledge on building a DEI vision for your organization
- Identify resources and networks for collaboration
- Learn strategies to enhance DEI at your organization and gain insight on the great work colleagues are doing on DEI and accessibility around the country
Host & Panelists
Dr. Paulette Granberry Russell
National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education
Dr. Diley Hernandez
Associate Vice President of the Institute Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Join us virtually to connect with others and learn more about the trending changes, issues and topics surrounding DEI and accessibility in higher education.
Who Should Attend?
Chief diversity officers, chief operating officers, social media coordinators, human resource professionals, career coaches, multicultural advisors, DE&I specialists, university administrators, faculty, and staff responsible for diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging initiatives as well as students and those who seek to make positive social change at their organizations or communities.
The first 25 guests to register will receive a special gift from the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
Join the Meeting
More ways to join:
Join by meeting number
Meeting number (access code): 2623 460 9261
Meeting password: Action
Tap to join from a mobile device (attendees only)
+1-415-655-0001,,26234609261## US Toll
Join by phone
+1-415-655-0001 US Toll
Global call-in numbers
Join from a video system or application
You can also dial 188.8.131.52 and enter your meeting number.