You're almost ready to register!
Orientation is required for students new to college. If you are a transfer/guest student or dual enrolling while in high school, you are not required to complete this orientation. Please find your next steps on the Getting Started webpage.
At New Student Orientation, you will:
- Meet other new students
- Learn about resources that will help you succeed in college
- Learn about financial aid
- Take a tour of campus
- Receive your first semester plan of classes
- Register for classes
Before you register for orientation, you must have placement levels in reading and writing. You can verify this in the profile tab or your myLCC account. Schedule your session below. You may choose a location most convenient for you. If you would like access to online orientation or you have any questions, please contact us below.
- Fall semester begins August 22nd. Spring registration opens October 8th, for new students.
- There are no more orientations scheduled at the downtown campus. If you are interested in starting in the fall, please take a look at our online orientation option. We will also have walk-in orientation on Monday-Wednesday, August 19-21, 9am-4pm. You must be there by 2 pm at the latest to check in. It will be located at the downtown campus, Gannon Building, room 2214.
Online Orientation allows you to complete orientation at your own pace. It involved videos, documents, and quizzes.
You must have a reading and writing level of at least 3 to access online orientation. If you do not have test levels yet, please return to the Getting Started webpage.
- To access: log into myLCC, click the D2L link at the top right side of the page, and choose the New Student Orientation course.
If you do not see the orientation course in your D2L, please contact us.
The Orientation Checklist
Please read the following information carefully to prepare for your orientation experience. Keep in mind that student situations differ, so use your best judgment and contact our office if you have any questions.
Before You Attend
Make sure you have completed these Steps:
- 1. Applied to the college
- 2. Activated your account
- 3. Submitted your transcripts, test scores or taken the LCC placement test and received your reading and writing levels. You can check your placement levels under the profile tab in your myLCC account.
Apply for Financial Aid
Facilities used during orientation are barrier free. Accessible parking is available in each parking lot on campus for persons who properly display a current state-issued disability parking placards in accordance with the State of Michigan.
Other accommodations for students with disabilities may be available upon request. Please notify us of your needs for accommodation at least one week prior to your arrival. Contact the Center for Student Access by phone (517) 483-1924 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Bring
Student Number & LCC Username
When admitted, received information regarding your student number (starts with an X). When you activated your account, you set up your username and password. Memorize or bring this information with you.
In order to secure your classes when registering, you will need to sign up for a payment plan, even if you are receiving financial aid.
To sign up, you will need to provide a credit or debit card. In order to set up your refund preference you will need your checking or savings account information, so please bring this information with you. If you do not have either of these there are other options available that we will cover during orientation. To review payment options, visit the payments webpage.
Driver's License or Photo ID
You will need to present identification when you check in to orientation.
Comfortable Shoes and Weather-Appropriate Clothing
A portion of the campus tour will be conducted outdoors, so please bring comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather.
Parking & Arriving
Plan to arrive to orientation 30 minutes early to allow for ample time to park, find the room, and check in. Students who are late will need to reschedule for another date.
You can park in the Gannon Ramp, located off Grand Avenue.
Other LCC Locations
You are free to park in the campus parking lots.
If you have any questions, please call at (517) 483-1172 or email email@example.com.
Congratulations! We can't wait to see you.