The beginning of the semester is tough for everyone. Be sure to take care of your mental health along with your academic and social health.
Here are some key strategies to successfully managing your mental wellbeing in college:
- Build a support network, whether through your family, your friends or student groups here on campus
- Set goals, and focus on one at a time
- Create structure, with a daily schedule of supportive activities like class, studying, social outings, a workout routine and sleep
- Build upon your strengths to ensure you have regular opportunities to feel successful, even when your classes or social life are hard
- Talk to someone if you think you are struggling
For more comprehensive support in managing stress, relationships, loss and other personal concerns, LCC's licensed, professional counselors are here for you. Counseling is completely free and confidential. Learn more or request an appointment online.
You can also call 988 to reach the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, or, if you are experiencing a mental health emergency, please call 911.