Facilitated by Danielle Savory
February 2, 2023- April 13, 2023
Required ORT (Online Real-Time) Webex sessions on Thursdays 4pm-5:30pm
Registration deadline is January 27, 2023
Note: minimum seating requirement must be met in order for this course to run.
Fall 2023 registration will open in April 2023.
Check back for more info soon.
Transforming Learning Through Teaching (TLTT)
In this transformative course, a collaborative approach is used to model various teaching and learning strategies and create a faculty learning community. This course provides an opportunity to reflect upon current teaching and learning practices with faculty from across disciplines, as well as exploration from a student perspective. This is a pass/fail course that requires weekly discussions, two reflective capstone assignments including applying newly learned techniques with the support of colleagues and a deep reflection of a personal teaching experience.
This course provides an opportunity to...
- Connect with faculty from across disciplines to share, explore, and reflect upon current teaching and learning practices.
- Experience various teaching and learning strategies from a student's perspective.
- Apply newly learned techniques with the support of colleagues.
Popular session topics include:
- Learning from the Learners (LCC students participate in this session)
- Preventing and Addressing Disruptive Behavior
- Student Engagement
- Creating an inclusive classroom
- Characteristics of the Community College Learner
For additional information contact Laura Cottrell at 517-483-1444.