Facilitated by Danielle Savory
September 7, 2023 – November 9, 2023
Required ORT (Online Real-Time) Webex sessions on Thursdays from 10:10 a.m.–12 p.m.
Registration deadline is September 1, 2023
Note: minimum seating requirement must be met in order for this course to run.
Spring 2024 registration will open in Fall 2023.
Transforming Learning Through Teaching (TLTT)
In this transformative course, a collaborative approach is used to model various teaching and learning strategies and create a faculty learning community. This course provides an opportunity to reflect upon current teaching and learning practices with faculty from across disciplines, as well as exploration from a student perspective. This is a pass/fail course that requires weekly discussions, two reflective capstone assignments including applying newly learned techniques with the support of colleagues and a deep reflection of a personal teaching experience.
This course provides an opportunity to...
- Connect with faculty from across disciplines to share, explore, and reflect upon current teaching and learning practices.
- Experience various teaching and learning strategies from a student's perspective.
- Apply newly learned techniques with the support of colleagues.
Popular session topics include:
- Learning from the Learners (LCC students participate in this session)
- Preventing and Addressing Disruptive Behavior
- Student Engagement
- Creating an inclusive classroom
- Characteristics of the Community College Learner
Center for Teaching Excellence
400 N. Capitol, Suite 3210
Lansing, MI 48933
Monday - Thursday: 9 am - 5 pm
Friday: 9 am - 4 pm