This training is required for anyone who will be teaching a HyFlex course moving forward. This training will be facilitated by the Center for Teaching Excellence, eLearning, and Media Services.
Prerequisites: Teaching Online Certification (TOC), D2L experience, online teaching experience, and supervisor approval.
Please check with your supervisor for more details about teaching assignments.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Apply effective course design and pedagogical concepts to the HyFlex course
- Effectively operate and troubleshoot classroom equipment and technology
- Determine and address potential barriers for the course as it pertains to the HyFlex course model
- Incorporate diversity, equity, inclusion practices, as well as Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and Accessibility guidelines
Cohort 1 – Tuesdays 2 pm - 4 pm - all sessions required
Week 1 Tuesday, September 20, 2022 Face-to-face (location TBD)
Week 2 Tuesday, September 27, 2022 HyFlex
Week 3 Tuesday, October 4, 2022 HyFlex
Week 4 Tuesday, October 11, 2022 HyFlex
Cohort 2 – Wednesdays 6pm-8pm - all sessions required
- Wednesday, October 26, 2022 Face-to-face (location TBD)
- Wednesday, November 2, 2022 HyFlex
- Wednesday, November 9, 2022 HyFlex
- Wednesday, November 16, 2022 HyFlex