How did you get your start at LCC? What do you remember most from your first day/week/month?
I came to LCC after a long career working in K-12 as an elementary principal. It was time for a career change and I was fortunate enough to get hired at LCC.
What I remember most from my first day:
- Where will I park (thanks to my husband I found the perfect spot)
- Beware of one-way streets
- HHS staff was so kind and helpful, and they baked bread for an afternoon snack
- Kewpee had great shrimp tacos (thanks Cyndi)
- SBT in FA had great shoes (there's a story behind this)
Have you held different positions at LCC? How would you describe your career path and the role that LCC played in it?
I have held two positions (Early Learning Children's Community Coordinator & Alternative Loans Coordinator/Eligibility Analyst) at LCC both of which were great pre-retirement jobs to my retirement. After 20 plus years as an elementary principal, LCC put forward job opportunities that provided for a healthy work/life balance. The work environment has been fun, flexible, and sooo friendly! The people that I have worked with and have worked for have been amazing.
What's your favorite memory from your time at LCC? Who are the people who made working here great?
My favorite memories from my time at LCC:
- "Who has the Christmas Nutcracker?" My friends at HHS will understand.
- To my Peeps in Financial Aid - "Were you Beanboozled?"
HHS - Loved having coffee with Linda, my river walks with Terri and Loretta, HHS lunches with unlimited amounts of food (thanks Margie)
FA - My forever friends, the cat lovers, Kim, Arbor, and Emmy, Jen my Zoup buddy, student staff (Chris and Sonali), LCC students
What were your greatest accomplishments or successes while working at LCC?
Maintaining a healthy work/life balance that allowed me to commute to and from Houghton Lake each week.
What are you looking forward to in your retirement? What plans are you most excited for?
I am looking forward to setting my own schedule without any time constraints. My retirement plans will include:
- Whale watching on Cape Cod
- Volunteering at the A.R.K. (Association to Rescue Kitters) a Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
- Being able to fish during peak perch season on Drummond Island
- Spend more time remodeling our house on Drummond Island
- Joining 24/7 Fitness Center
Is there any additional information that you would like to share related to your time at LCC?
I feel so fortunate to have worked at LCC for seven years. It was a big career change but my husband and I always say LCC was the best thing that happened to me!! I have met so many wonderful people and have developed friendships that will last forever.