Welcome to the eLearning Department
The eLearning Department is responsible for the administration of Lansing Community College's Course Management System (CMS), currently Desire2Learn (D2L), which houses all online and hybrid courses as well as providing course shells for those face-to-face instructors who wish to use the CMS to supplement their course. Providing support to students, instructors, and staff is our top priority.
Navigating on the eLearning Website
- Our Mission - The mission and guiding principles of the eLearning Department.
- Desire2Learn (D2L) Course Management System - Information regarding what D2L is, resources and documentation available to assist Instructors and Students with D2L, and training opportunities.
- Instructor Blog - This blog is designed to provide Instructors with helpful information about the Course Management System (D2L), technology resources, and supporting digital teaching and learning at the college.
- Instructor Resources - Resources, best practices, policies, standards, and forms available for Instructors.
- eLearning Instructor Help Wiki - Various instructional documents available for Instructors to learn to use the features of D2L.
- Student Blog - This blog is designed to provide students with helpful information about the Course Management System (D2L), technology resources, and different services provided by the college for students.
- Student Resources - Resources, training, online course readiness assessment, online course offerings, and online degrees and certificates for Students.
- eLearning Student Help Wiki - Various instructional guides available for students to learn to use the features of D2L.
- Contact Us - Provides hours of operation, physical location, and contact information for the eLearning Department and its staff members.
Technology and Learning Center, Room 427
Phone: (517) 483-1839
Additional contact information »
Purpose: The eLearning Live Chat is intended for questions regarding D2L.
Hours of Live Chat Operation:
Monday - Friday
7:30 am - 4:00 pm
If the Live Chat is Offline, please contact the eLearning Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave an offline message within the Live Chat client.
The eLearning Department will respond to emails and offline messages within one business day.