Getting Started at Lansing Community College
To view the 2013 Fall Semester Schedule Book, click here:
Registration for Spring 2014 Semester begins on November 19th, 2013.
Spring 2014 begins on January 13th, 2014! Schedule an appointment today!
Academic Advising will be moving to the Technology Learning Center (TLC) Room 117 beginning January 2nd due to Gannon Building Renovations.
The Education Development Plan (EDP) - Your Road Map to Success
The EDP is the document we use at Lansing Community College to summarize the courses you will take and when you will take them. It is based on your goal and the time and money you are able to commit to your education. Should your goals change, it is important to update your EDP so it stays current.
To complete an EDP, you will need to have a scheduled appointment with an Academic Advisor. It takes approximately 30 minutes to complete a EDP in a scheduled appointment.
How To Make an Appointment
You can make an appointment by calling 517-483-1904 or 800-644-4522, ext. 1904.
You can stop by the Academic Advising Center in the Gannon Building Room 212 on the Main Campus, please have a picture ID and your student number ready.
Location and Hours of Operation
The Academic Advising Center is located on the 2nd floor of the Gannon Building (GB) in Room 212 on the Main Campus. The building is located at the corner of Grand Avenue and Shiawassee Street. For more information, you can go to www.lcc.edu/maps.
Hours of Operation: Monday - Thursday 9:00AM - 6:00PM;
Friday 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Additional Advising Information
1. Phone Appointments- Call 517-483-1904 to schedule a phone appointment and have a Advisor contact you over the telephone.
2. E-Advising- Simply send a e-mail to email@example.com. Our goal is to respond within 2 business days. Please include as much information in the e-mail as possible to help assist us to assist you.
3. NEW! Online Chat with Advisors- Advisors are available for Chat Monday - Friday from 1-3 p.m. This chat is intended for general advising questions.
4. West Campus - http://www.lcc.edu/locate/buildings/west_campus/
5. East Campus - http://www.lcc.edu/ece/sites/lcceast.aspx
6. Livingston County (Howell) - http://www.lcc.edu/ece/sites/livingston.aspx
7. St. John Campus- http://www.lcc.edu/locate/buildings/st_johns/
Note: Drop-In Advising is no longer offered. You will need to schedule an appointment to meet with an Academic Advisor.
Waiver FAQ's and "How To"
If you wish to register for a course that has prerequisites and you
have satisfied those prerequisites outside of LCC, you may need to
receive an override in order to register.
For complete information on the waiver process, including frequently asked questions and "How To" on applying for waivers, please visit the Waiver Team's Website
Academic Advising Center
Gannon Bldg, Room 212
Phone: (517) 483-1904
Fax: (517) 483-1970
Additional contact information »