Michigan lawmakers recently announced a new state program that will pay for the in-district portion of community college tuition for many residents. To be eligible, you must be 25 or older, have been a Michigan resident for at least one year, have a diploma or GED, and not already have a college degree.
If you are already enrolled in LCC classes, you are classified as a current student. Complete the checklist below to apply for the MI Reconnect Program:
- Apply for the MI Reconnect Program through the State of Michigan.
- Complete your FASFA application (and be sure to check your LCC email weekly for communications from the Financial Aid Office).
- Schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor by calling 517-483-1904 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
A few things you should know about the cost of attending college using MI Reconnect:
- It does not cover course fees. It does cover LCC’s registration and student support fees.
- It does not cover the out-of-district portion of tuition.
- It does not cover books or supplies.
- It can only be used toward pursuing a Pell-eligible associate degree or certificate.
- It is a “last-dollar” program, meaning students must use their Pell and Michigan Tuition Incentive Program (TIP) dollars first.