Did you know LCC is planning to offer five different class formats for the spring semester? Each one has slightly different requirements for when you need to attend class, so make sure you know what you signed up for. Check your schedule again before the beginning of the semester to see if anything had to change due to the spread of COVID-19.
Here are the five types:
- ON - Online: Traditional online courses allow you to learn whenever is convenient for you.
- ORT - Full Scheduled Lecture: An online real time (ORT) class where all instruction is delivered online during designated meeting day(s) and times. This gives you the advantage of live interaction with faculty and other students.
- ORT - Partial Scheduled Lecture: An online real time (ORT) class that has some regularly scheduled online meeting day(s) and time(s) along with unscheduled online instruction and activities. It’s a healthy mix of both online options!
- OH - Online Hybrid: A class that has some regularly scheduled classroom instruction along with online coursework and activities. Students will receive face-to-face instruction in the traditional classroom, lab or worksite, and will also participate in online instruction/learning.
- Face-to-Face: A traditional, in-person class with on-campus instruction.
The vast majority of LCC’s course offerings for the spring are either Online, ORT – Partial Scheduled Lecture, or ORT – Full Scheduled Lecture. We hope to offer a limited number of online hybrid and face-to-face offerings in select courses, but please check your schedule again in January 2021 to be sure nothing had to change because of local, state or federal health restrictions.
Not sure what you signed up for? Sign in to Banner Self-Service and select Student, then Registration. Pull up your class schedule and find the column on the right that says “Attribute.” If that column says “ORT: Partial Scheduled Lecture” or “ORT: Full Scheduled Lecture,” then you have instruction that will be delivered during designated meeting day(s) and times. Please check the “Days” and “Times” columns to see when to log on for your class.
If you need help adjusting your schedule, our friendly academic advising team is available via phone, online chat and email.