The Center for Student Access (CSA) recognizes disability as an integral component of diversity. We consult with students, faculty, and staff to support the ongoing development of an accessible college.

We also recognize that we are part of a larger system of support that includes parents, families, community advocates and organizations, and the many high schools that feed into LCC. To that end, we regularly speak with families, work with various community partners, and visit with high school classes to discuss the transition to college.

New Students

After you’ve applied, contact the CSA to meet with a consultant to discuss how we can best serve you. CSA consultants are your guides to LCC’s assistive technology, services and accommodations, and will work with you to plan your experience at LCC. For new students, we suggest you take the following steps:

1. Apply to LCC

Once you've received your student ID number (X00…), username (TUID), and activated your account, you are ready for the second step (meet with us).

2. Meet with Us

The goal of our first meeting is to get to know each other and to establish what kind of barriers you've encountered in the past so that we can help you develop a strategy for success during your time at LCC.

Call, email or visit the CSA to schedule an appointment. Bring any documentation of past barriers to this meeting. This can include a 504 plan, an IEP, medical records, or other formal documentation of disability.

Accessibility on Campus

Lansing Community College maintains a strong commitment to accessibility across the whole campus including all electronic information technology, physical spaces, course materials, and instructional methods.

If you discover an issue with the physical, electronic, or virtual accessibility while at LCC, we strongly encourage you to report the problem.

Compliance Responsibility

Students with disabilities at graduation

Lansing Community College, in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, does not discriminate on the basis of disability in administration of its education-related programs and activities and has an institutional commitment to provide equal educational opportunities for disabled students who are otherwise qualified.

PDF FileDisability Grievance Procedure


Transitioning from High School to College

Making the transition from high school to college is an exciting time. Students who utilized accommodations with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) or 504 Plans in high school often wonder how to start the process of receiving accommodations in college.

High School vs. College Differences


Contact the StarZone

Visit the StarZone to get help with admissions, financial aid, academic advising, payment plans, placement testing, orientation and all other student services.

Student chats with helper at the StarZone in the Gannon building

The StarZone

Phone: 517-483-1957
Toll Free: 800-644-4522

Downtown Campus
Gannon Building
411 N. Grand Ave
Lansing, MI 48933

StarZone Hours

View Map


Plan Your Next Move