LANSING, Mich. – In response to dropping COVID-19 cases and rising vaccination rates, LCC today updated its health and safety requirements.
Students, employees and visitors to LCC’s campus no longer need to:
- Fill out a daily health screening
- Wear a face mask, although it is recommended if you are not fully vaccinated
- Physically distance, although it is recommended if you are not fully vaccinated
We strongly encourage all employees, students and visitors to maintain important precautions, such as:
- Consider getting vaccinated, per CDC, MDHHS and MIOSHA recommendations, if you are able and have not yet done so. LCC is not requiring vaccination, but vaccines are free to everyone, with or without health insurance. Please check with your health care provider if you have questions and/or concerns related to vaccines. Vaccines are now readily available at local pharmacies and elsewhere. Visit Michigan’s vaccination webpage to find a location near you.
- Wear a mask if you are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated. If you are fully vaccinated and you are more comfortable wearing a mask, please continue to do so. Masks have proven to be one of the most effective ways of slowing or halting the spread of the virus, and are especially helpful in preventing the spread to those who cannot be vaccinated, such as children younger than 12 and immunocompromised individuals.
- Do not come to campus if you are ill, even if you have been vaccinated.
- Wash or sanitize your hands regularly, and do not share supplies with others.
The college will also continue following these health and safety measures:
- Ask persons who are unvaccinated to wear a face mask and physically distance from others.
- Strongly encourage those who are unvaccinated to get consider getting vaccinated, per CDC, MDHHS and MIOSHA recommendations.
- Ask those who are sick to stay home.
- Educate and train students and employees via the college’s D2L and LMS systems each semester.
- Maintain ventilation systems.
- Maintain high-touch cleaning protocols throughout the year.
LCC remains committed to public health. We anticipate these changes remaining in place throughout the summer and into the fall, but we will change our safety practices as the pandemic changes. This could include reinstating requirements, such as mandatory masking or daily health screenings, if local conditions require.
Our gratitude goes to every member of our community, for their diligence and patience in following the health measures that allowed us to reach this point in the pandemic.