Julie's Jukes: Favorite holiday movies
Christmas is almost here! I am so happy to finally be on break and have a chance to relax. I'm excited to spend some time with my family and, of course, watch a bunch of holiday movies.
My family has a list of movies that we love to watch together during the holiday season.
Here are my top five favorite holiday movies:
1. "White Christmas" – I grew up watching this classic movie with my family every year. You can't go wrong with the dynamic duo of Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye. The music is fantastic, the dancing is superb and the comedy is knee slapping hilarious.
2. "The Santa Clause" – This movie, starring Tim Allen, captures the spirit of Christmas and childhood wonder. It also mixes in Tim Allen's comedic delights to make a top-notch holiday movie.
3. "The Polar Express" –This movie showcases the talents of Tom Hanks as he voices multiple parts in the movie. This movie shows the struggles of children when they get to a certain age and start doubting the existence of Santa Claus. The animation in this movie is amazing; however the elves are a little creepy. The music is wonderful and I will forever have the "Hot Chocolate" song stuck in my head.
4. "A Charlie Brown Christmas" – This classic animated TV special is an absolute must-watch every year. You can't go wrong with watching poor ol' Charlie Brown having an existential crisis of what Christmas is all about.
5. (tie) "The Year Without a Santa Claus" and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" – Both of these movies were made by the same company, Rankin/Bass Productions, and are equally great holiday movies. Both are classics that I grew up watching, and I remember hearing my dad quote both movies all year long.
This was not an easy list because there are so many holiday movies that I love. Sadly, I cannot put every holiday movie on my list.
What movies would you have in your top five?