The Meditation Room is a quiet and private space designated for individual prayer, meditation, and reflection. The non-sectarian space welcomes people of all faiths and non-faith beliefs. The Meditation Room is available for individual students on a first-come, first-serve basis. The Meditation Room is open to all LCC students and employees.
Meditation Room Use Guidelines
- Use of the Meditation Room is restricted to current students, faculty and staff.
- The Meditation Room is for prayer, reflection or meditation. If you are not using the space for its intended purpose you will be asked to leave.
- The room is not to be used for meetings, or as a study space or sleeping area.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the room.
- Candles, incense, burning oils and other sources of flame or smoke are not permitted in the room.
- Please silence your cell phones and other electronic devices.
- Please do not post any writings, symbols or other items or leave promotional materials or posters in the room.
- You are welcome to listen to music with headphones.
- Please be sure to remove any items you brought in to the room when you leave.
- Please be respectful in maintaining a quiet and peaceful atmosphere.
- Please be respectful of others.
If you have general concerns regarding the use of this space, please contact Library User Services 517-483-1626.