By Fall 2020, academic support services from the Learning Commons, Writing Studio, Library, Computer Lab, and eLearning will be available in a combined space in the Technology and Learning Center (TLC) building.
We're excited that the TLC building will be undergoing renovations to make it easy for students to get academic support services including:
- research help
- technology help
- writing assistance
Throughout the renovation, services will continue to be available. Check this webpage for updates.
Services after the Renovation
- 1st floor - Help Zone, Learning Commons tutors (STEM), Research help, eLearning, Study space, Classroom
- 2nd floor - Help Zone, Writing Studio, Learning Commons tutors (Social Sciences and Humanities), Research help, Open computer lab, Study space, Classroom, Study rooms, Staff offices, New Tech Space
- 3rd floor - Books, Quiet study space, Study rooms, Center for Teaching Excellence
- 4th floor - Staff offices
From October 24 to January 13:
- library services will be available on the 2nd floor
- 3rd and 4th floor will only be accessible to library staff
- the elevator and stairs up to the 2nd floor will be accessible to patrons to access the Library
If you'd like to check out a book after October 24, ask at the Checkout Desk on the 2nd floor. Library staff will get the book for you from the 3rd or 4th floor.
Study space, including study rooms and open study space, is available on the 2nd floor in the Library. You can borrow noise cancelling headphones or free earbuds from the Multimedia Desk on the 2nd floor in the Library.
Computers are available on the 2nd floor in the Library, in study rooms in the Library, and in the computer lab on the 1st floor of the TLC building.
Laptops are available for checkout at the Checkout Desk on the 2nd floor in the Library.
PRINTING, COPYING, FAXING
Printers, copiers, and a fax machine are available on the 2nd floor in the Library.
During spring and summer of 2020, librarians will come to faculty classrooms across campus to teach information literacy skills. Faculty can book a library instruction session online.
Research help is available at the Reference Desk on the 2nd floor of the Library. You can also get research help by phone, email, appointment or chat 24/7.
Classrooms on the 1st and 2nd floor will be unavailable spring semester 2019.
Contact us with any questions you have about the renovation.
Construction will begin in November and continue through summer 2020.
- Fall 2019 - 3rd & 4th floor
- Spring 2020 - 1st & 2nd floor
- Summer 2020 - 1st floor
- Fall 2020 - renovated space will be open