The Purchasing department is a resource and strategic partner to help departments and divisions to efficiently and responsibly purchase goods and services. For complex or high-dollar transactions, involving Purchasing early in the process will yield the best results.
Procurement Card Procedures
The Lansing Community College Card Purchasing Program is for official business purchases and is designed to provide a convenient process with which to make travel arrangements and small purchases. Each Cardholder is responsible for all purchases made on their card and the security of the LCC Card. The LCC Card is not linked to the Cardholders personal credit rating.
How to obtain an LCC P-Card
LCC Cards will be available to College employees based on a position’s purchasing responsibilities. Any employee who travels, requisitions or purchases supplies and approved contracted services is a prime candidate to receive the LCC Card. P-Card candidates are identified based upon these specific circumstances:
- Employees who travel regularly or responsible to coordinate travel arrangements for department employees.
- Employees managing specific site programs (general maintenance supplies i.e. Physical Plant, repairs, supplies, tools, safety supplies, uniform rentals, etc.).
- Employee who procure office supplies, small dollar repetitive purchases.
- Any employee whose job responsibilities generate small dollar purchasing activity.
- LCC Cards are issued to authorized individuals and purchases are expensed to the appropriate account number. Although the Cardholder is responsible for the card, the Cardholder does not pay the bill. All credit card charges are paid on a monthly consolidated direct bill charged to the College from Chase.
- Payment status of this card will not impact the Cardholder’s personal credit status. All approved transactions on the LCC Card are the College’s liability.
- When placing an order, use the below billing address:
309 N Washington Square
Lansing MI 48933
What to do if your card is declined
- Check your credit card balance.
- Check to make sure all credit card information was entered correctly.
- LCC Cards have embedded limits and merchant code category restrictions. Each time the LCC Card is used, the vendor is required to obtain authorization from the credit card/banking network. This ensures that the purchase is within program controls and limits established to safeguard against possible unauthorized purchases and fraudulent use. If your card is declined for an item that is not on the LCC approved merchant code list contact Lisa Pearce with the Financial Services Division.
The Cardholder should contact the vendor for any erroneous charges, disputed items or returns. Disputed charges can result from failure to receive goods, use of the card by an individual other than the Cardholder to commit fraud, altered charges, defective merchandise, incorrect billing, duplicate charges, or credits not processed. The Cardholder should contact the vendor first to resolve any outstanding issues.
If a cardholder suspects a fraudulent charge they should contact the LCC Card Administrator and report unauthorized charge to the Fraud Department at (800) 316-6056. The LCC Card has been compromised and needs to be shut off immediately. A new card will be issued by Chase. The cardholder will need to fill out a dispute form for the fraudulent charge.
Item(s) should be returned directly to the contractor by whichever means the contractor requires. Cardholders are responsible for verifying that the proper credit is applied to the LCC Card account.
When there is a problem with an LCC Card purchased item, the Cardholder should contact the vendor:
- Confirm return policy.
- Confirm approval for return (If the contractor gives you a Return Authorization Number or a name, be sure to reference this on the FAMIS Work Request Form.)
- Confirm shipping address
- Confirm preferred method of shipment
- Request a credit to LCC Card account
- Verify credit appears in Concur Expense Reporting
- If item is returned due to contractor error (i.e., damaged item, wrong item received), contractor should pay for return shipping and arrange to have the item picked up and returned.
- Returns that require mailing or shipment are initiated with a FAMIS Work Request that
- Vendor's name
- A brief description of items being returned
- Reason for return
- Receiving personnel will pick up the item(s) being returned (or you may drop off at Receiving in the Gannon Building) as well as being able to track shipment through to delivery to the vendor.
All returns are managed using this process; however, if agreement is not reached, a dispute should be initiated.
The Dispute Form is included in this packet and the completed form is emailed to the Chase Commercial Card Dispute email located at the bottom of the form. When emailing the form you need to place the last four numbers of your LCC Card in the subject line. A dispute must be submitted within 60 days from the initial statement date when the charge occurred. The disputed charge will be researched further by Chase. Resolution may take between 120 to 180 days. Disputed charges must be reconciled with their credit charge. Cardholder must communicate to Payables when a charge is being disputed.
Make every effort to obtain a copy of the missing receipt. If a duplicate is not possible, please contact Financial Services-Accounts Payable Department at 483-1732.
- Change Order Request Form
- Contract Signature Request Form
- Contract Performance Review Form
- LCC P-Card Request Form
- Credit Limit Change Request Form
- Independent Contractor Request Form
- Information Technology Request/Approval Form
- Internal Vendor Demonstration Request Form
- Non-Competitive Purchases Form (No-Bid, Sole Source, Sponsorship, etc.)
- New Project Request Form
- Fiscal Year Cutoff Requisition Request Form
For purchases made using the LCC Card, the Cardholder is responsible to reach an agreement with a vendor when there are problems with item or service purchased. Each Cardholder is responsible for verifying that the credit appears on the account. When purchased items need to be returned for any reason, contact the vendor to confirm approval for return, confirm delivery address and preferred method of shipment, request a credit to the LCC Card account.
For items purchased using Banner please contact Purchasing at B-Ops-Purchasing@star.lcc.edu or 517-483-1785.
The Purchasing Department recognizes outstanding Contractor performance, as well as Contractor performance issues. If a department has received outstanding service from a Contractor, where the Contractor has performed above and beyond the expectations of the contractual agreement, and you would like that Contractor's performance recognized or if there is a Contractor concern that a department needs assistance with resolving please complete the Contractor Review Form and email it to B-Ops-Purchasing@star.lcc.edu. To assist in evaluating a Contractor please follow the guidelines below:
- Inspect goods and services as soon as possible after delivery
- Promptly accept or reject goods or services
- Document excellent service/products and noncompliance issues
Please contact Purchasing at 517-483-1785 if you have any questions.
Much of what is bought through the Purchasing Process has terms and conditions or a contract to be signed or agreed to in order to purchase an item or service. Things such as software, large equipment, services, speakers or performers, maintenance and vehicles. A contract here refers to any agreement, Purchase Order, terms and conditions, or anything that creates an obligation or liabilities on behalf of the College.
Though there are very few positions at the College that can sign a contract it is the responsibility of the departments to understand the contract(s) the College is agreeing to that may affect their department (s) or division.
Before sending a contract for review the department or division initiating the contract is responsible for conducting a preliminary review.
- Is the contract clear and consistent
- Does the contract accurately reflect the intentions of the parties
- Is the contract consistent with the College mission and strategic goals
- Is it in the best interest of the College
- Does it provide a provision for LCC's tax exempt status
- Does it contain auto renew language
- Does it contain requirements the College cannot comply with
- Does it have warranty, return or product protections
If as part of the bidding or quote process a contract is part of the terms of purchase, the Purchasing Department will send the contract to the Department/Division for review first before moving forward with a purchase.
Once a department or division has read and agrees to a contract, a Contract Signature Request must be filled out and sent to the Purchase Department. The Purchasing Department will review the contract and may have questions for the Contractor or LCC department/division before the Purchasing Director signs.
Only individuals employed by the College in the following positions may sign a contract on behalf of the College: President, Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, and Purchasing Director.
A Purchasing Contract Signature Request Form must be completed when a contract signature is needed to complete the purchase of goods and services. This form can be completed through the Forms section above.
Maintenance and Repair
For all Konica Devices on campus please call the Help Desk or put a 5 Star Request in.
The College has an annual service with JCR Business Equipment Company to serve all typewriters on campus. To call in equipment for repair:
- Call JCR at 517-487-1521 and reference LCC Purchase Order
- Provide the typewriter serial number and location
- Give your name and phone number
The service agreement with JCR provides the following:
- Annual preventative maintenance cleaning and lubrication
- IBM Parts required to keep equipment operational.
- Emergency service calls at response time between 1-4 hours.
- Service calls are to be answered promptly at no charge for travel time or mileage during normal working hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday.
- Replacement parts to be at no charge.
Meemic offers specific benefits for the educational community. Visit the Meemic website for more information.
Employees can access savings through the AT&T Signature Program. To use this benefit you must use your LCC email and be able to provide your LCC ID.
Employees can access savings through Discounts by Verizon Wireless. To use this benefit you must use your LCC email and be able to provide your LCC ID.
Employees can access savings through T-Mobile Work Perks. To use this benefit you must use your LCC email and be able to provide your LCC ID.
Check out the T-Mobile Work Perks Flyer to learn more about their savings for LCC employees.
LCC offers free tuition at the College to eligible employees and their family members, encouraging the importance of education and professional development. Each semester, eligible employees and their eligible family members may request the waiver to be applied to credit and/or non-credit courses, including youth programs. Check out the Tuition Waiver webpage to learn more about the tuition waiver benefit.
Check out materials and reserve study rooms. The library also loans a variety of technology and offers the use of 3D printers. Visit the Library website for more information.
Sienna Heights University
All full-time and part-time employees are eligible to receive an $80 per credit hour discount for bachelor’s and master’s programs. If you plan to utilize this discount toward a program, you will need to complete the Partner Tuition Discount Application. To complete the Partner Authorization section of the form, please contact HR representative Nikki Cogswell at firstname.lastname@example.org. This discount is not available for LCC athletic coaches or Specialized Professional Services (SPS) employees.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
HMSA Employee Assistance Program (All Employees)
All LCC employees and their household family members have access to free, confidential professional assistance and referral services through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) administered through HMSA. Services offered include, but are not limited to, Work-Life Counseling, Financial & Legal Consultations, and a dedicated Toll Free Crisis Line. Visit the Employee Wellness webpage to learn more.
NIS Employee Assistance Program (Full-Time Employees)
Full-time employees receive up to three free and confidential sessions for legal, financial, eldercare, childcare, and memorial planning assistance. Check out the NIS Employee Assistance Program flyer to learn more.
Employees receive free admission to most main campus games. Visit the Athletics website for more information.
Employee Development Fund
Membership in the Employee Development Fund provides opportunities for employees to come together in group activities and offers discounted tickets and events to members. Visit the EDF webpage for more information.
LCC’s Performing Arts offers events throughout the year, open to employees and the public. Employees receive a discount on productions. Visit the Performing Arts webpage for more information.
NIS IDENTITY THEFT SERVICES
Full-time employees receive free identity theft services. View the Identity Theft Protection Services flyer to learn more.
LCC has an on-site dental hygiene clinic. Services are provided at a steep discount. Visit the Dental Clinic webpage for more information.
LCC offers an on-site massage clinic. Employees and others can experience the many health benefits of therapeutic massage at a great price. Visit the Massage Clinic webpage for more information.
LCC offers employees access to free fitness center membership at the College’s two gym locations. All you need is your StarCard! Fitness Centers are conveniently located at LCC main campus on the first floor of the Gannon Building and at LCC West Campus. Visit the Fitness Center webpage for location information and hours.
LCC Walking Booklet
Want to get in a quick walk during a break? Check out this walking booklet for various walking maps with mileage (both Main and West Campus). Walking is an excellent way to keep your heart healthy and your legs strong!
Employees can take advantage of all the benefits Quicken Loans has to offer. Visit the Quicken Loans website for more information, or call (888) 444-3543.
LawnStarter offers Lansing Community College employees $20 off the first service. Choose from many services including mowing, cleanups, installations, and more. Visit LawnStarter website and use promo code EDU20 at checkout.
Bivvy offers Lansing Community College employees a 10% discount. Visit the Bivvy website for more information.
JoAnn offers employees 15% off every purchase. This discount is for in store purchases only, and you must show a valid educator ID. This discount includes sale items, but some exclusions may apply. Visit the JoAnn website for more information.
Michaels offers employees 15% off every purchase. This discount is for in store purchases only, and you must show a valid educator ID. This discount includes sale items, but some exclusions may apply. Visit the Michaels website for more information.
Office Depot is offering exclusive discounts for LCC Employees. Visit the Office Depot community website to register for discounts.
As an employee of Lansing Community College, you have an Employee Office 365 account. This account is what provides you with employee email, calendar, Skype, SharePoint and a number of other Microsoft applications. In addition to these applications, you have the option to Install Microsoft Office on up to 5 Windows or Macintosh personal computers as well as 5 smartphones or tablets. More information on how to download Microsoft Office 365 for free for personal devices can be found by logging into the 5Star service center.
Laptops, Apple products and HP products
- CDW: The CDW-G Premium Page for Lansing Community College, provides account information, product offerings, and contract pricing on over 150,000 of the top technology products and services in the industry. Visit the CDW-G website for more information.
- Dell: Employees receive special discounts of Dell products. Visit the Dell website for more information.
- Lenovo: Employees receive a 5% discount site wide with LCC ID verification. Visit the Lenovo website for more information.
LCC Insurance Enrollee Perks
Employees Enrolled in LCC Vision Insurance
Employees enrolled in LCC vision insurance have LASIK discounts through QualSight. Visit the Lasik website for more information.
Employees enrolled in LCC vision insurance have 1-800 Contacts as an in-network provider. 1-800 Contacts offers an extensive inventory of contact lenses, great customer service, and easy ordering. Visit the Superior Vision website for more information.
Employees enrolled in LCC vision insurance have ContactsDirect as an in-network provider. ContactsDirect offers a seamless shopping experience for contact lenses and a variety of top brands and types of contacts. Visit the Superior Vision website for more information.
Employees enrolled in LCC vision insurance have Glasses.com as an in-network provider. Glasses.com offers a wide product selection, virtual try-on technology, free shipping and returns, and free in-person adjustments after purchase. Visit the Superior Vision website for more information.
Employees enrolled in LCC vision insurance have free hearing exams available, as well as discounts on hearing aids. Visit the Superior Vision website for more information.
Employees Enrolled in LCC Medical Insurance
Blue Cross Online Visits
Employees and their dependents enrolled in LCC medical insurance have the ability to use Blue Cross Online Visits 24/7 as a telemedicine option for care. This service offers the ability to video chat through a smartphone or computer with a U.S. board-certified physician in real time to treat and prescribe for minor illnesses, such as sinus and respiratory infections, colds, etc. BCBS Online Visits even offer behavioral health care! Visit the Blue Cross website for more information.
Employees enrolled in LCC medical insurance have access to Blue365 premier health and wellness discounts. Visit the Blue 365 website for more information.
Anyone can use the free prescription drug coupons available through GoodRx. Use them at your local and online pharmacies. GoodRx coupons can sometimes give you a better deal than your insurance coverage, especially if you are enrolled in a high deductible plan. So look up any of your prescriptions through GoodRx to see the possible savings!
FITNESS YOUR WAY
Employees enrolled in LCC medical insurance have access to discounted gym memberships through the Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) Fitness Your Way program. Fitness Your Way offers a gym membership to over 10,000 national and local participating fitness locations for $29 a month. Your membership also grants you access to 24/7 well-being support, health articles, and online health coaching. Check out the Fitness Your Way flyer for more information and how to enroll today.
Employees and their dependents enrolled in LCC medical insurance have access to the Livongo program, free of charge. Livongo is a personalized diabetes management experience that helps members understand their blood sugar, develop healthy lifestyle habits, and improve glycemic control. This program includes a cellular enabled blood glucose meter that provides real-time feedback for glucose readings, unlimited strips to remove barriers to checking, health challenges to encourage small wins that make big impacts, 24/7 remote monitoring with emergency outreach, 1:1 live coaching with Livongo Expert Coaches, and easy to share health summary reports for care coordination. Visit the WMHIP Livongo flyer for more information.
Employees and their dependents enrolled in LCC medical insurance have access to the Omada program, free of charge. Omada is a digital behavior change program that supports people at risk for, or living with, obesity-related chronic conditions like type 2 diabetes and hypertension. This program includes a cellular-enabled weight monitoring scale, a professional health coach, weekly lessons with relevant content, a peer support group, medication adherence support, and blood glucose and blood sugar tracking. Visit the WMHIP Omada flyer for more information.
Employees and their dependents enrolled in LCC medical insurance have access to 2nd.MD, free of charge. 2nd.MD provides a second opinion and medical advice service for any questions or concerns related to your diagnosis or treatment plan, a possible surgery, your medications, or a chronic condition. This service offers virtual access to nationally recognized physicians from all medical specialties who will review your medical situation. If you want to utilize this benefit, visit the 2nd.MD website or call (866) 841-2575.
Temporary Staffing Services
Access Jackson Employer Services LLC has been selected to provide Temporary Staffing Services to the College.
Steps to Use Temporary Staffing Services
- Create a description of the tasks the temporary staff person is to accomplish.
- Contact Anita Evans Morris, Human Resources Hiring Manager, ext. 1731 for hourly rates.
- You will need to provide the job description and hourly rate to the Temporary Staffing Agency.
Steps to process Temporary Staffing Services and Non-Employee Payroll Services:
- Department's using Temporary Staffing Services and Non-Employee Payroll Services must have an administrator approve temporary staff's time cards weekly.
- Each Friday or Monday departments will continue to email Temporary Staffing Agency the hours of the temporary staff working that week.
- Please include the BPO #BP170092 in each email to the Temporary Staffing Agency.
- The Temporary Staffing Agency will create the invoice and send it to Accounts Payable.
- If the department is not included on the email with the invoice, A/P will forward the invoice to the department.
- Department administrator signs invoice approving it for payment.
- FOAPAL is to be written on the invoice.
- Forward invoice to FS-APPAYABLE@lcc.edu for payment.
- The Temporary Staffing Agency will pay the temporary staff person and LCC will pay the invoice from the Temporary Staffing Agency.
For questions about the College’s contract with Access Jackson Employer Services LLC please contact the Purchasing Department at 517-483-1785.
Surplus - Online Auction Service