The Purchasing department is a resource and strategic partner to help departments and divisions to efficiently and responsibly purchase goods and services. For complex or high-dollar transactions, involving Purchasing early in the process will yield the best results.
Procurement Card Procedures
The Lansing Community College Card Purchasing Program is for official business purchases and is designed to provide a convenient process with which to make travel arrangements and small purchases. Each Cardholder is responsible for all purchases made on their card and the security of the LCC Card. The LCC Card is not linked to the Cardholders personal credit rating.
How to obtain an LCC P-Card
LCC Cards will be available to College employees based on a position’s purchasing responsibilities. Any employee who travels, requisitions or purchases supplies and approved contracted services is a prime candidate to receive the LCC Card. Supervisors and Purchasing Department identify candidates based upon these specific circumstances:
- Employees who travel regularly or responsible to coordinate travel arrangements for department employees.
- Employees managing specific site programs (general maintenance supplies i.e. Physical Plant, repairs, supplies, tools, safety supplies, uniform rentals, etc.).
- Employee who procure office supplies, small dollar repetitive purchases.
- Any employee whose job responsibilities generate small dollar purchasing activity.
- LCC Cards are issued to authorized individuals and purchases are expensed to the appropriate account number. Although the Cardholder is responsible for the card, the Cardholder does not pay the bill. All credit card charges are paid on a monthly consolidated direct bill charged to the College from Chase.
- Payment status of this card will not impact the Cardholder’s personal credit status. All approved transactions on the LCC Card are the College’s liability.
What to do if your card is declined
- Check your credit card balance.
- Check to make sure all credit card information was entered correctly.
- LCC Cards have embedded limits and merchant code category restrictions. Each time the LCC Card is used, the vendor is required to obtain authorization from the credit card/banking network. This ensures that the purchase is within program controls and limits established to safeguard against possible unauthorized purchases and fraudulent use. If your card is declined for an item that is not on the LCC approved merchant code list contact the Purchasing department.
The Cardholder should contact contractor for any erroneous charges, disputed items or returns. Disputed charges can result from failure to receive goods, use of the card by an individual other than the Cardholder to commit fraud, altered charges, defective merchandise, incorrect billing, duplicate charges, or credits not processed. The Cardholder should contact the contractor first to resolve any outstanding issues.
If a cardholder suspects a fraudulent charge they should contact the LCC Card Administrator and report unauthorized charge to the Fraud Department at (800) 316-6056. The LCC Card has been compromised and needs to be shut off immediately. A new card will be issued by Chase. The cardholder will need to fill out a dispute form for the fraudulent charge.
Item(s) should be returned directly to the contractor by whichever means the contractor requires. Cardholders are responsible for verifying that the proper credit is applied to the LCC Card account.
When there is a problem with an LCC Card purchased item, the Cardholder should contact the Contractor:
- Confirm return policy.
- Confirm approval for return (If the contractor gives you a Return Authorization Number or a name, be sure to reference this on the FAMIS Work Request Form.)
- Confirm shipping address
- Confirm preferred method of shipment
- Request a credit to LCC Card account
- Verify credit appears in Concur Expense Reporting
- If item is returned due to contractor error (i.e., damaged item, wrong item received), contractor should pay for return shipping and arrange to have the item picked up and returned.
- Returns that require mailing or shipment are initiated with a FAMIS Work Request that
- Contractor’s name
- A brief description of items being returned
- Reason for return
- Receiving personnel will pick up the item(s) being returned (or you may drop off at Receiving in the Gannon Building) as well as being able to track shipment through to delivery to the contractor.
All returns are managed using this process; however, if agreement is not reached, a dispute should be initiated.
The Dispute Form is included in this packet and the completed form is emailed to the Chase Commercial Card Dispute email located at the bottom of the form. When emailing the form you need to place the last four numbers of your LCC Card in the subject line. A copy is also faxed to Purchasing at x5289.
A dispute must be submitted within 60 days from the initial statement date when the charge occurred. The disputed charge will be researched further by Chase. Resolution may take between 120 to 180 days. Disputed charges must be reconciled with their credit charge. Cardholder must communicate to Payables when a charge is being disputed.
Make every effort to obtain a copy of the missing receipt. If a duplicate is not possible, please contact Financial Services-Accounts Payable Department at 483-1722.
- Change Order Request Form
- Contract Signature Request
- Contract Review Form
- Credit Limit Change Form
- Independent Contractor Request Form
- Information Tech Purchase Request Form
- Internal Vendor Demonstration Form
- No Bid Justification Form
- No Bid Justification Form Memberships Sponsorships
- No Bid Justification Form Advertisements
- Request Form for Existing Prequal Pool
- Request Form for New Project
- Sole Source Justification Worksheet
For purchases made using the LCC Card, the Cardholder is responsible to reach an agreement with a Contractor when there are problems with item or service purchased. Each Cardholder is responsible for verifying that the credit appears on the account. When purchased items need to be returned for any reason, contact the Contractor to confirm approval for return, confirm delivery address and preferred method of shipment, request a credit to the LCC Card account.
For items purchased using Banner please contact your Buyer or call Purchasing at 517-483-1785.
The Purchasing Department recognizes outstanding Contractor performance, as well as Contractor performance issues. If a department has received outstanding service from a Contractor, where the Contractor has performed above and beyond the expectations of the contractual agreement, and you would like that Contractor's performance recognized or if there is a Contractor concern that a department needs assistance with resolving please complete the Contractor Review Form and email it to Fs-Purchasing@star.lcc.edu. To assist in evaluating a Contractor please follow the guidelines below:
- Inspect goods and services as soon as possible after delivery
- Promptly accept or reject goods or services
- Document excellent service/products and noncompliance issues
Please contact Purchasing at 517-483-1785 if you have any questions.
Much of what is bought through the Purchasing Process has terms and conditions or a contract to be signed or agreed to in order to purchase an item or service. Things such as software, large equipment, services, speakers or performers, maintenance and vehicles. A contract here refers to any agreement, Purchase Order, terms and conditions, or anything that creates an obligation or liabilities on behalf of the College.
Though there are very few positions at the College that can sign a contract it is the responsibility of the departments to understand the contract(s) the College is agreeing to that may affect their department (s) or division.
Before sending a contract for review the department or division initiating the contract is responsible for conducting a preliminary review.
- Is the contract clear and consistent
- Does the contract accurately reflect the intentions of the parties
- Is the contract consistent with the College mission and strategic goals
- Is it in the best interest of the College
- Does it provide a provision for LCC's tax exempt status
- Does it contain auto renew language
- Does it contain requirements the College cannot comply with
- Does it have warranty, return or product protections
If as part of the bidding or quote process a contract is part of the terms of purchase, the Purchasing Department will send the contract to the Department/Division for review first before moving forward with a purchase.
Once a department or division has read and agrees to a contract, a Contract Signature Request must be filled out and sent to the Purchase Department. The Purchasing Department will review the contract and may have questions for the Contractor or LCC department/division before the Purchasing Director signs.
Only individuals employed by the College in the following positions may sign a contract on behalf of the College: President, Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, and Purchasing Director.
A Purchasing Contract Signature Request Form must be completed when a contract signature is needed to complete the purchase of goods and services. Financial Services Form FSDFR015 must be completed when a contract signature is needed to solidify partnerships, lease agreements, and purchases of real property.
Maintenance and Repair
For all Konica Devices on campus please call the Help Desk or put a 5 Star Request in.
The College has an annual service with JCR Business Equipment Company to serve all typewriters on campus. To call in equipment for repair:
- Call JCR at 517-487-1521 and reference LCC Purchase Order
- Provide the typewriter serial number and location
- Give your name and phone number
The service agreement with JCR provides the following:
- Annual preventative maintenance cleaning and lubrication
- IBM Parts required to keep equipment operational.
- Emergency service calls at response time between 1-4 hours.
- Service calls are to be answered promptly at no charge for travel time or mileage during normal working hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday.
- Replacement parts to be at no charge.
Temporary Staffing Services
Access Jackson Employer Services LLC has been selected to provide Temporary Staffing Services to the College.
Steps to Use Temporary Staffing Services
- Create a description of the tasks the temporary staff person is to accomplish.
- Contact Anita Evans Morris, Human Resources Hiring Manager, ext. 1731 for hourly rates.
- You will need to provide the job description and hourly rate to the Temporary Staffing Agency.
Steps to process Temporary Staffing Services and Non-Employee Payroll Services:
- Department's using Temporary Staffing Services and Non-Employee Payroll Services must have an administrator approve temporary staff's time cards weekly.
- Each Friday or Monday departments will continue to email Temporary Staffing Agency the hours of the temporary staff working that week.
- Please include the BPO #BP170092 in each email to the Temporary Staffing Agency.
- The Temporary Staffing Agency will create the invoice and send it to Accounts Payable.
- If the department is not included on the email with the invoice, A/P will forward the invoice to the department.
- Department administrator signs invoice approving it for payment.
- FOAPAL is to be written on the invoice.
- Forward invoice to FS-APPAYABLE@lcc.edu for payment.
- The Temporary Staffing Agency will pay the temporary staff person and LCC will pay the invoice from the Temporary Staffing Agency.
For questions about the College’s contract with Access Jackson Employer Services LLC please contact the Purchasing Department at 517-483-1785.
Surplus - Online Auction Service