Being part of the LCC community means we all have a responsibility to help keep ourselves, our classmates and our colleagues safe. Working together, we will successfully overcome the challenges presented by this pandemic.
Explore the following pages and the Shared Responsibilities below for critical information about LCC's work to keep everyone safe, and your role in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
SICK: DO NOT COME TO CAMPUS!
EXPOSED TO COVID-19You can still develop COVID-19 up to 10 days after exposure
- For 10 days.
- Wear a mask around others.
- Watch for symptoms.
- Test at least 5 full days after last exposure.
- Avoid unmasked activities or activities with higher risk of exposing vulnerable individuals.
- If you develop symptoms.
- Isolate immediately.
- Get tested.
- Stay home till you get results.
COVID-19 POSITIVERegardless of symptoms and vaccination status, ISOLATE FOR AT LEAST 5 DAYS
- You can end isolation after 5 full days if you are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and your other symptoms have improved.
- You should continue to wear a well-fitting mask around others at home and in public for 5 additional days (day 6 through day 10) after the end of your 5-day isolation period.
- If positive with no symptoms, monitor for symptoms for 10 days.
If you test positive for COVID-19, please notify your instructor, program director, or supervisor to arrange for any missed school assignments or work.
Consider getting vaccinated per CDC, MDHHS and MIOSHA recommendations, if you are able and have not yet done so. Vaccines are free to everyone, with or without health insurance. Please check with your health care provider if you have questions and/or concerns related to vaccines. Vaccines are now readily available at local pharmacies and elsewhere. Visit Michigan's vaccination webpage to find a location near you.
Stay home if you are sick
Do not come to campus if you are ill, even if you have been vaccinated. Talk to your professor or supervisor to let them know what is going on, but please do not put your classmates or co-workers at risk.
Face coverings and masks
Currently optional in all locations on campus.