We offer a wide range of affordable and convenient non-credit online career training programs in partnership with Ed2Go.
Offering a wide-variety of highly interactive non-credit online programs designed by a team of professionals within each respective field, covering topics from Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Human Resources and Healthcare to Business Management and Administration, Hospitality, Web Development and Design.
Below you will find a list of our most popular certificate granting programs.
Do you have a program to recommend?
Training Program Request Form
Due to nonstop technological developments, information moves at the speed of light. Information technology is a growing industry with many career and learning opportunities. It is very easy to get left behind, stay relevant and up to speed with our IT courses.
It takes many people and roles to provide quality healthcare and convey important health information to our communities. If you have a passion for science-driven care and treatment, learn to apply your skills and experience in a career in the medical field. At The Job Training Center, you'll learn the practices and responsibilities that prepare you to pursue a career in medical coding and medical transcription, or continue your nursing education with new certifications and competencies.
Certified Physical Therapy Aide (Voucher Included)
Become A Certified Physical Therapy Aide Course Objectives Curriculum
ONLINE CERTIFIED PHYSICAL THERAPY AIDE
Physical therapy aides work with physical therapists to provide a positive experience for patients undergoing physical therapy treatment. This 100% online course will teach you the concepts, skills and practices to become a certified physical therapy aide. Upon successful completion, students will be eligible to take the American Medical Certification Association's (AMCA) Physical Therapy Technician/Aide certification exam. The course also includes an externship starter kit with resources to secure a position as a physical therapy aide extern.
- Prepare to take and pass the AMCA Physical Therapy Technician/Aide certification exam
- Understand the role, responsibilities, and qualifications of the certified physical therapy aide in various healthcare settings
- Build knowledge of human anatomy, functional body movements, and system disorders as they relate to physical therapy
- Identify proper positioning, patient transfers, common exercises, modalities, and medical equipment
- Demonstrate ethical and legal behavior specific to healthcare settings
- Differentiate between tasks appropriate for a certified physical therapy aide and other healthcare professionals
- THE PHYSICAL THERAPY PROFESSION
- MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY
- ORGANIZATION OF THE HUMAN BODY
- PRINCIPLES OF PATHOLOGY AND ITS TREATMENT
- INFECTION CONTROL
- BODY MECHANICS
- POSITIONING AND DRAPING PATIENTS
- TRANSFERRING PATIENTS SAFELY
- WHEELCHAIR BASICS
- PRESSURE ULCERS
- NORMAL AND ABNORMAL GAIT
- AMBULATION AIDS
- AMBULATION RELATED ACTIVITIES
- THE SKELETAL SYSTEM
- THE MUSCULAR SYSTEM
- TREATMENT OF THE SKELETAL AND MUSCULAR SYSTEMS: EXERCISE
- TREATMENT OF THE SKELETAL AND MUSCULAR SYSTEMS: PHYSICAL AGENTS
- THE CARDIOVASCULAR AND RESPIRATORY SYSTEMS
- THE NERVOUS SYSTEM
- TREATMENT OF THE CARDIOVASCULAR, RESPIRATORY, AND NERVOUS SYSTEMS
- THE REST OF THE ORGAN SYSTEMS
- COMMUNICATION IN THE PT FACILITY
- RECORDS AND CHARTING
- LEGAL AND ETHICAL ISSUES
- YOUR CAREER JOURNEY (OPTIONAL LESSON)
CPC Administrative Assistant with Medical Billing and Coding - GES148
Train for Medical Office Administration, Medical Billing and Medical Coding Course Objectives Curriculum
ONLINE CPC ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT WITH MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING
Medical office administrators combine organizational skills with ethics and compassion to ensure the smooth operation of medical facilities. Many also perform medical billing and coding procedures in clinics, hospitals and other healthcare settings. This comprehensive online course will prepare you for the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam, offered by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC), and the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) exam, offered by National Health career Association (NHA). You will gain key skills needed to succeed as a medical office administrative assistant, including medical office management, medical terminology and medical billing and coding.
- Learn the legal, ethical, and regulatory aspects of medical office management
- Understand HIPAA compliance and third-party guidelines for filing insurance claims
- Get hands-on, practical experience in medical billing and coding
- Learn medical terminology and the structures and functions of the human body
I: MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY
- INTRODUCTION TO MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY
- THE MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM
- THE CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM
- THE LYMPHATIC AND IMMUNE SYSTEMS
- THE RESPIRATORY SYSTEM
- THE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM
- THE URINARY SYSTEM
- THE NERVOUS SYSTEM
- THE SPECIAL SENSES THE EYES AND EARS
- THE INTEGUMENTARY SYSTEM
- THE ENDOCRINE SYSTEM
- THE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM
- DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES, NUCLEAR MEDICINE, PHARMACOLOGY
II. CERTIFIED MEDICAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
- BECOMING AN ADMINISTRATIVE MEDICAL ASSISTANT
- MANAGING STRESS AND IMPROVING COMMUNICATION
- LAW, ETHICS AND HEALTHCARE
- IMPROVING YOUR MEDICAL OFFICE
- COMPUTERS IN THE AMBULATORY CARE SETTING
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND PATIENT SCHEDULING
- MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY: WORD PARTS, PLURALS, ABBREVIATIONS
- MANAGING MEDICAL RECORDS
- WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
- WORKING WITH MEDICAL DOCUMENTS
- MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING: AN OVERVIEW
- DAILY FINANCIAL PRACTICES
- THE ADMINISTRATIVE MEDICAL ASSISTANT AS OFFICE MANAGER
III. MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING
- INTRODUCTION TO MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING
- HEALTHCARE LAW
- INTRODUCTION TO HEALTH INSURANCE TERMS
- PHARMACOLOGY FOR CODERS
- CPT AND HCPCS LEVEL II CODING
- ABSTRACTING INFORMATION FROM MEDICAL DOCUMENTS
- NEW PATIENTS, INSURANCE CLAIMS AND EOBS
- SUBMITTING ELECTRONIC CLAIMS AND CMS 1500
- BLUE CROSS/BLUE SHIELD
- OTHER HEALTHCARE PROGRAMS
- ICD-10-PCS (OPTIONAL LESSON)
- SURVEY OF HOSPITAL BILLING
- CAREER ROADMAP FOR MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING – FIND A JOB FAST
We live in an online world. With so much of today's information existing in the cloud and moving through invisible networks, cyber security and confidentiality are more important than ever. Learn cyber security and become the first line of defense, protecting companies and organizations who depend on safe and reliable networks.
Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI) (Voucher Included)
Become a Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator Course Objectives Curriculum
ONLINE COMPUTER HACKING FORENSICS INVESTIGATOR (CHFI)
Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator Training
Digital forensics has a key place on every cybersecurity team. Without it, most organization's security posture and maturity will fail to see its full potential. In this 100% online course, you will gain a critical skill set for the identification of an intruder's footprints and gathering necessary evidence for prosecution. Upon successful completion, you will be prepared to take and pass the EC-Council's Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI) Certification exam, a credential that validates your understanding of digital forensic tools and how they're used in the cybersecurity industry.
- Establish threat intelligence and key learning points to support pro-active profiling and scenario modeling.
- Understand how to perform anti-forensic methods detection and post-intrusion analysis of electronic and digital media to determine who, where, what, when, and how the intrusion occurred.
- Gain the ability to extract and analyze logs from various devices like proxy, firewall, servers, and more.
- Learn the skills to identify the possible source or incident origin.
- Computer Forensics in Today's World
- Computer Forensics Investigation Process
- Understanding Hard Disks and File Systems
- Data Acquisition and Duplication
- Defeating Anti-Forensics Techniques
- Operating System Forensics
- Network Forensics
- Investigating Web Attacks
- Database Forensics
- Cloud Forensics
- Malware Forensics
- Investigating Email Crimes
- Mobile Forensics
- Forensics Report Writing and Presentation
Certified Network Defender (CND) (Voucher Included)
Become a Certified Network Defender Course Objectives Curriculum
ONLINE CERTIFIED NETWORK DEFENDER (CND)
Certified Network Defender Training
To mitigate cyber breaches, organizations rely on network administrators who protect, detect and respond to the threats on their networks. In this 100% online course, you will learn the concepts and practices network defenders use. Key topics include computer network and defense fundamentals, wireless network defense, network traffic monitoring, and data backup and recovery. Upon successful completion, you will be prepared to take and pass the Certified Network Defender (CND) exam, a credential that validates your ability to provide continuity of operations during attacks.
- Be fully prepared to pass the Certified Network Defender (CND) Exam Number 312-38.
- Obtain the technical depth required to actively design a secure network.
- Understand how networks operate, what software is automating and how to analyze the subject material.
- Gain the ability to design greater network security policies and successful incident response plans.
- Learn skills that foster resiliency and continuity of operations during attacks.
- Computer Network and Defense Fundamentals
- Network Security Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Attack
- Network Security Controls, Protocols, and Device
- Network Security Policy Design and Implementation
- Physical Security
- Host Security
- Secure Firewall Configuration and Management
- Secure IDS Configuration and Management
- Secure VPN Configuration and Management
- Wireless Network Defense
- Network Traffic Monitoring and Analysis
- Network Risk and Vulnerability Management
- Data Backup and Recovery
- Network Incident Response and Management
Arts and Design
You're a creator. You've always wanted to be an artist, and it's time to make that goal a reality. Whether you spend your time animating colorful characters or thinking about how much better a website could look if you got your hands on it, a concentration in Art Design will help you turn your passion for dynamic visuals into a career. With focused art and design courses, you could master the specifics of digital platforms or learn the tools and techniques needed to design an interior space where people can't wait to live and work.
Certified Residential Interior Designer
Become a Certified Interior Designer Course Objectives Curriculum
ONLINE CERTIFIED RESIDENTIAL INTERIOR DESIGNER
Interior designers transform home and commercial spaces into unique, functional areas. This 100% online course will fully train you for a career in interior design. Upon successful course completion, you will earn the designation of Certified Residential Interior Designer by the Designer Society of America.
- Pass the Residential Interior Designer Exam (RIDE) on course completion to become a Certified Residential Interior Designer
- Understand all aspects of the interior design business - tasks, responsibilities, best practices, client service, and more
- Learn how to start and run your own interior design business
- Learn how to create a design concept and floor plan
- Understand basic elements of any interior design project and how to manipulate them
- GETTING STARTED - Exploring a career in residential interior design; introduction to design basics and space planning
- HISTORY OF STYLES AND FURNISHINGS - Prehistoric times to the Middle Ages, the Renaissance to the 20th Century; and modernism, non-European influences, and furniture styles
- ELEMENTS OF DESIGN - Materials, color, textiles, lighting fundamentals, accents and accessories
- WORKING AS A RESIDENTIAL INTERIOR DESIGNER - Industry regulations and putting it all together
You're a business-minded person: when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade and turn a refreshing profit. Our flexible business courses will help you hone and focus these skills and build a successful career. Even the best ideas need a strong professional setting to grow and thrive. Strengthening your management know-how is the first step to turning your unique skills into a career.
Microsoft Office 2016 Master Certification Training (Vouchers Included)
Become a Certified Microsoft Office Master Course Objectives Curriculum View More
ONLINE MICROSOFT OFFICE 2016 MASTER CERTIFICATION TRAINING
Earning your Microsoft Office Master certification demonstrates your expertise in the most widely used business productivity suite. This 100% online course will help you build the technical skills you need to pass the Microsoft Office Master Certification exams for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Prepare for the Microsoft Office Master Certification exams for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Gain the highest level of proficiency in the Microsoft Office 2016 suite
- Understand how these program fit into today’s office and how to best use them
- INTRODUCTION - Learn about best communication practices, expectations and how to make yourself a viable asset to any team.
- EXCEL - Understand how to work within Microsoft Excel. Enter data and create worksheets, cover advanced topics like using formulas, visualizing data and how to collaborate with other Excel users.
- WORD - Create and edit Word documents. Learn to use tables, images, illustrations, and change page layout. Additionally, you'll cover how to review and collaborate on documents, manage mailings and protect documents.
- POWERPOINT - Develop PowerPoint presentations from start to finish. Understand how to format your presentations, and include advanced elements like effects, illustrations and tables.
- OUTLOOK - Master Microsoft Outlook by learning to work with messages, organize contacts, manage an inbox and work across multiple email accounts.
Human Resources Professional
Become a Certified HR Professional Course Objectives Prerequisites and Requirements Curriculum View More
ONLINE HUMAN RESOURCES PROFESSIONAL
Human capital is the single most important asset in any business and human resources professionals are charged with protecting these assets. This 100% online training course will prepare you for the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification exam offered by the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). You will be fully equipped to advance your career as a certified PHR in only 6 months.
- Be fully prepared for the Professional in Human Resources certification from HRCI
- Understand human resources practices, valuable skills related to recruitment and training
- Gain foundational knowledge of employment laws and regulations
- Develop retention initiatives and best practices for strategic decision making
There are no specific prerequisites for taking this course. However, HRCI requires that you meet one of the following criteria in order to sit for PHR certification:
- Master’s degree or higher = 1 year of work experience in a professional-level HR role
- Bachelor’s degree = 2 years of work experience in a professional-level HR role
- Anything less than a bachelor’s degree = 4 years of work experience in a professional-level HR role
- INTRODUCTION TO HUMAN RESOURCES - Learn about opportunities in the HR field and the skills you will need for success.
- HR’S ROLE IN STRATEGY - Learn how to create compelling vision and mission statements, policies, and metrics grounded in business strategy.
- RECRUITING AND HIRING EMPLOYEES - Understand how to write a job ad that will attract candidates, effectively review résumés, properly prepare for an interview, and formally make a job offer.
- TRAINING PROGRAMS - Learn the basics of training, including the design, development, implementation, analysis, and evaluation of training programs.
- COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS - Understand all the things that must be considered when designing a compensation and benefits package.
- EMPLOYEE HEALTH AND SAFETY - Learn the ins and outs of complying with OSHA, protecting against workplace hazards, and investigating, recording, and preventing accidents and employee illnesses.
- THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT - Gain knowledge of employment law as well as an understanding of equal employment opportunity, avoiding discrimination, and what happens when an employee files an EEOC claim.
- MAKING HR DECISIONS - Learn how to make decisions based on various company growth strategies and how to use HRIS Software as well as job analysis as a tool for decision-making.
- AFFIRMATIVE ACTION - Learn the full spectrum of affirmative action, how to create an affirmative action plan, and information on the AAP you will need to know.
- DIVERSITY - Understand what diversity is and why it is a good thing in an organization as you learn to manage it and handle conflict.
- EMPLOYEE RIGHTS AND DISCIPLINE - Learn the laws that protect employee rights and privacy and how to properly monitor and document behavior and discipline employees.
- TERMINATION - Understand the alternatives to firing as well as how to prepare for termination, including proper separation agreements as well as what to do in the event of wrongful discharge.
- INVESTIGATIONS - Learn why it is so important to investigate problems as well as the steps of an effective investigation including preparing, conducting, and wrapping it up.
- MANAGING LABOR RELATIONS - Get a quick overview of the history of unions as you learn how they work and why employees join them.
- CREATING A HIGH-PERFORMANCE WORKPLACE - Learn how to ask employees for input and act on it, delegate authority, keep communication open, and continuously ask for feedback as you strive to develop a high-performance workplace.
- GLOBAL HUMAN RESOURCES - Understand the basics of staffing strategy, cultural differences, HR in other countries, choosing global employees, and issues faced by expatriates.
- RETENTION - Learn the top reasons employees leave a company and how you can encourage them to stay as well as the importance of succession planning.
- MOTIVATION, REWARDS, AND RECOGNITION - Find out fun ways to motivate workers and gain nine strategies for creating a great rewards program.
- PREPARING FOR THE PHR EXAM - Gain information on externships and internships as you review the basics of the PHR exam and begin to study.
You might be the only one in your circle of friends who finds jury duty fascinating. You've always been curious about civic and legal processes—how they're made, upheld, and interpreted. This curiosity could become an exciting new career with some foundational legal courses. With us, you'll receive legal training to pursue many career paths, including positions as a mediator, arbitrator, paralegal, or court reporter.
Become a Legal Secretary Course Objectives Curriculum
ONLINE LEGAL SECRETARY
Legal secretaries play an essential role in keeping a law firm running smoothly. If you want to join the legal field, this 100% online course will train you for a career as a legal secretary. Key topics include legal terminology, business communication and project management.
- Manage the front end of a legal office
- Attend to accounting and QuickBooks details for attorneys
- Use legal terminology effectively
- Complete basic legal writing tasks
- Manage projects in legal offices
- Communicate persuasively and effectively
- COURSE INTRODUCTION - Overview of the market, skills, and responsibilities
- LAW OFFICE MANAGEMENT - Typical duties in law office; accounting and billing, files and record management, NFPA and ethical considerations
- LEGAL TERMINOLOGY - General legal terms that fall in multiple areas of law; terminology for contract, litigation, real estate, intellectual property and bankruptcy law
- INTRODUCTION TO THE LEGAL SYSTEM - Introduction to terminology used in the legal system; structure of the government and using FIRAC to read a case
- LEGAL WRITING - Importance of legal writing in the legal field; drafting documents in legal writing, constructing effective sentences in legal writing and using FIRAC in legal analysis
- INTRODUCTION TO ACCOUNTING - Overview of accounting; importance of bookkeeping and the Accounting Cycle
- INTRODUCTION TO EXCEL - The environment of Excel, working with data in Excel and managing large worksheets
- INTRODUCTION TO QUICKBOOKS - Exploring QuickBooks, performing basic banking activities and formatting invoices
- PERSUASIVE COMMUNICATION - Fundamentals of communication, knowing the audience and defining of strategic management in operations
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Foundation of project management, characteristics of a project and project management lifecycle