Students, parents and community members are invited to learn about the career opportunities in Cybersecurity. Local professionals and LCC faculty will present on the wide variety of career options and education/training needed to enter into this growing field.
Free dinner, parking and giveaways included.
For questions or for businesses wishing to participate, please contact Nicole Reinhart-Huberty at 517-483-1104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOX 47 Morning Blend Segment
LCC's Jason Mitchell talks about the projected global shortage of cybersecurity professionals and how LCC is leading the way in cybersecurity education to help meet the demand for a highly-skilled workforce.
Cybersecurity Career Exploration Day
Thursday, Nov. 7 | 4 – 7 p.m.
LCC West Campus
Event check-in begins at 3:30 p.m.
Who Should Attend?
- Elementary, middle or high school students
- Adults considering a career change
- Parents, school counselors/advisors, teachers
- Businesses and employers
- Current college students (LCC or another school)
Cybersecurity Career Fun Facts
- 11% of the current cybersecurity workforce is comprised of women, which means there are many opportunities for women in the field. LCC offers tuition grants for women or men in nontraditional fields through the Adult Resource Center.
- Job openings exist in every industry imaginable with varying titles such as: Security Analyst, Security Engineer or Architect, Security/IT Director or Manager, CISO/CSO, Systems Administrator, Network Architect or Engineer, Forensics Investigator, Auditor, Systems Engineer or Integrator.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the rate of growth for jobs in information security is projected to grow 37% by 2022 - that's much faster than the average for all other occupations.
- The ISACA, a non-profit information security advocacy group, predicts there will be a global shortage of two million cyber security professionals.
Elite Cyber Defense Education
LCC's Cybersecurity education achieved elite status from the Department of Homeland Security.Learn More