Deadline: Sunday, 26, 2021 at 11:59 pm
Weekly Theme: Museums and Galleries
Casa de Rosado Galeria & Cultural Center
- Bio: Casa de Rosado is a non-profit gallery and cultural center established in 2017. The center showcases and helps preserve Michigan’s Chicanx, Indigenx, and Latinx culture through cultural and artistic community centered programs and initiatives. These include the annual Día de Los Muertos ofrendas, exhibits, performances, discussions and classes on cultural arts. They have pieces by Nora Chapa Mendoza, Esmeralda Perez, renowned Detroit muralist Elton Monroy Duran, the late Rosa Lopez Killips, as well as a mural by Theresa Rosado.
- Address: 204 E Mt Hope Ave, Lansing, MI 48910
Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum at Michigan State University
- Bio: The Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum, is a contemporary art museum at Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan. Their collection includes many Latinx pieces, spanning from the pre-Hispanic to the contemporary.
- Address: 547 E Circle Dr, East Lansing, MI 48824
HERstory Gallery (formerly Michigan Women's Historical Center & Hall of Fame)
- Bio: HERstory Gallery (formerly Michigan Women's Historical Center and Hall of Fame) is home to the Michigan Women's Hall of Fame featuring nearly 300 inductees past and present. Among the Latinx inductees are Yolanda Alvarado (journalist), Delma Lopez (Lansing pioneer), Belda Garza, Jane Garcia, Dorothy Gonzales (first Latina elected to statewide office), Edelmira Lopez (central Michigan area community leader), Nora Chapa Mendoza (Chicana artist), Elton Monroy (Detroit muralist), and Delia Vorhaur (educator)
- Address: 105 W Allegan St, Lansing, MI 48933
- Located in downtown Lansing (below Grand Traverse Pie) - 1 block in front of the Capitol!