On Wednesdays in the Success Lounge (located in the back of the StarZone), enjoy free lunch while learning life skills, study tips and so much more.
Stop in any time between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. -- you do not need to attend the entire session.
Skill builder topics include:
• Time management and organizational skills
• Goal setting and self-motivation
• Making decisions and Circles of Control
• Communication and advocating for yourself
• Coping with stress and managing emotions
• The transition to college
• Budgeting and money management
• Study skills
• Studying with Quizlet
• Career exploration, related to the Holland Hexagon and matching LCC programs
• Are you Career Ready? and developing employment skills
• The research process and the information cycle
• Healthy relationships and the Violence Against Women Act
• Drugs and alcohol awareness
• Trauma awareness and resilience
The “Eat Stuff and Learn Things” regular programming will run 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Wednesdays from Sept. 18-Dec. 11, 2019, and Jan. 15-April 29, 2020, in the Success Lounge of the StarZone.