Skip to content

Transfer Students

For students who are transferring into LCC and plan to achieve a degree here, you will need to follow the steps below:

  1. You will need to apply to the college, which you can do here - If you were planning on receiving Financial Aid, you can go to the Financial Aid website located here -

  2. To start the transfer process, you will need to send your official transcripts, from the school you are coming from straight to Lansing Community College. If the student receives the official transcripts, even though sealed, Enrollment Services will consider the transcripts to be unofficial. The address you will need to send the transcripts to is:

    Registrar's Office
    Lansing Community College
    411 N Grand Ave
    Lansing, MI 48933-1215

  3. You then may request to see if you qualify to waive your placement tests from the Waiver Team's website -, which you will need to submit, with the Waiver Request Form, a copy of your unofficial transcript. If you do not qualify to waive your placement tests, you will need to take the placement tests at the Placement Testing Center -

  4. After your waiver form/placement tests has been completed, you will need to schedule an appointment to meet with a Academic Advisor to plan out your Academic Goals.

  5. To access LCC's computer systems, you will need to claim your student account, which you can do here-

  6. To see Important Dates for the upcoming semester, you can find them here -

Academic Advising Center at Lansing Communtity College

Academic & Career Advising
Gannon Building - StarZone
Phone: (517) 483-1999
Fax: (517) 483-1970
Additional contact information »

Facebook Twitter YouTube


Chat with an Advisor