Fall course offerings fit into five types.
- Face-to-Face: A traditional, in-person class with on-campus instruction.
- ON - Online: Traditional online course with no live class sessions.
- ORT - Partial Scheduled Lecture: An online real time (ORT) class that has some regularly scheduled online meeting day(s) and time(s) along with unscheduled online instruction and activities.
- ORT - Full Scheduled Lecture: An online real time (ORT) class where all instruction is delivered online during designated meeting day(s) and times.
- OH - Online Hybrid: A class that has some regularly scheduled face-to-face classroom or lab instruction along with online coursework and activities.
Student and academic services will continue to be offered remotely. Please check in regularly to see if services are being transitioned back to face-to-face throughout the fall.
LCC remains in close communication with our local health departments, and the college will continue to adjust its plans as needed to protect the health and safety of our students, employees and community.
To register, Log into myLCC and click on the Banner link to drop or add course(s). For assistance on how to register
online, please check out our "How to Register Online" instruction guide.
Note: Prerequisite overrides are managed within each division/department.
Students can add classes based on the teaching periods. For important deadline details, see the charts above. Register early for best class selection! For additional information, call LCC at 517-483-1957 or toll-free at 1-800-644-4522. Refer to variable-date options list for classes beginning throughout the semester.
Many LCC courses are taught in a shorter timeframe than the traditional full semester teaching period and provide the same amount of credit. See the list above for the various start and end dates of the teaching periods.
Students must be admitted to the college and complete the required steps prior to registering.
Students should determine that all of the required course prerequisites have been met and seats are available.
Online registration is available until 10 minutes prior to when a face-to-face class begins (lecture, lab).
Online registration for online, online/hybrid and classes that state TBA as one of the meeting times is available until midnight (12:00 a.m.) the date the teaching period begins.
Once online registration ends for a course, follow the Late Registration and Schedule Adjustment Guidelines below.
Late registration at Lansing Community College is not allowed. Schedule adjustments are allowed within the first week of each part of term. Special circumstance may be considered after consultation with the instructor and the Academic Dean.
A schedule adjustment is defined as adding a course by a student with registration activity for the current semester. Adding an additional course, switching sections, and being reinstated into a section in which the student was previously registered in are all examples of schedule adjustments.
Late registration is defined as adding a course by a student that has not had any registration activity for the current semester.
What is registration activity?
Examples of registration activity include:
- A student is registered in a section for the current semester
- A student dropped a section during the current semester
- A student was on a waitlist for a section during the current semester
Procedure for Schedule Adjustments and Late Registration Requests
- The student must complete the drop/add form found on the Registrar's Forms page and obtain the required approval/signatures based on the following scenarios.
- Schedule adjustments during the first week of the part of term only require approval from the instructor.
- Schedule adjustments during the second week of each part of term requires approval from both the instructor and the Academic Dean.
- Late registration requests must obtain approval from both the instructor and the Academic Dean once the section begins.
- The student submits the completed form to any of the division or department offices,
the StarZone (located in the Gannon Building), or email the Registrar's Office at email@example.com for a final approval and processing.
- Please note that some requests may be denied after obtaining approvals from the instructor and/or the Academic Dean due to seat availability, registration holds, or prerequisite errors. Students will be notified either in person or via LCC email if a request is denied.
- The student will be notified either in person or via LCC email once request is approved and processed.
Students are responsible for dropping all courses they are not planning to attend and are responsible for payment of classes in which they are enrolled. Students should not assume they will be dropped from a class or classes for nonpayment, as there are many factors which will determine whether and when a student is dropped for nonpayment. It is the student's responsibility to verify his or her enrollment status. To verify enrollment status, students can view their schedule on the LCC Website.
Students should drop online until the deadline for each teaching period. Refunds are available based on the Refund Schedule above.
Please note: Dropping a class may require you to pay money back to the College if you have received financial aid. Contact the Financial Aid office before dropping!
The last day to request a change in residency status is Thursday, September 30, 2021.
To submit a request to change residency, please select the Student Declaration of Residency form on the Forms webpage.
If you are unfamiliar with your LCC student e-mail account, visit the Student Email Assistance page for a step-by-step guide to getting started.
Because of federal regulations, Financial Aid can only pay for classes that are in your major or program of study. It is important to keep your major updated and only register for courses needed so you don’t have to pay for classes without financial aid.
To update your major or program of study, access the Change of Program Request form.
Last Date for 100% Refund TUITION and FEES
Last Date for 50% Refund TUITION and SUPPORT FEE ONLY
Last Date to Change to Audit/Credit
Last Date to Drop With No Grade
Last Date to Drop Course Course with a Record of a W & Last Date to Drop Online
|Standard Teaching Periods||[start - end]|
|First 8 weeks||[8/19-10/13]||8/25||9/1||9/1||9/1||10/6|
|Last 8 weeks||[10/14-12/13]||10/20||10/27||10/27||10/27||12/8|
|First 12 weeks||[8/19-11/10]||8/25||9/1||9/1||9/1||10/31|
|Last 12 weeks||[9/16-12/12]||9/22||9/29||9/29||9/29||12/1|
|Last 14 weeks||[9/2-12/13]||9/8||9/15||9/15||9/15||12/1|
|Last 15 weeks||[8/26-12/13]||9/1||9/8||9/8||9/8||11/30|
|Community and Continuing Education (Non-Credit Courses)||[Section Specific]||Please call (517) 483-1415 for assistance.|
|Open Entry Courses or Modules||[Based on learning contract]||Day prior to the learning contract start date||Per learning contract||Day prior to the learning contract start date||Day prior to the leaning contract start date||NONE|
|Less than 8 weeks||[Section Specific]||Day prior to the start of class||N/A||Midpoint of class||Day prior to start of class||NONE|
|8 weeks or more||[Section Specific]||7 days into class||14 days prior to the last week of class||14 days into class||14 days into class||Day prior to the last week|