Your Success Coach provides one-on-one mentoring and support throughout your time at LCC. Your coach provides guidance on time management, financial literacy and connects you with the college and professional resources you need to succeed.
Meet the Success Coaching Team
Things to Know
- This tool serves as a mass referral and status reporting tool to help students receive additional support through our Academic Success Coach (ASC) program.
- When the Early Alert is submitted, it is automatically sent to the Academic Success Coach (ASC) management team. Upon receipt of the referral, the ASC management team will reach out to the referred student to determine if they are willing to participate with the coaching program.
- The student will receive an email notifying them they have been referred to an Academic Success Coach. If possible, a conversation between the instructor and the student prior to a referral leads to more successful student engagement.
- Once a referral is made, please encourage the student to check their email for communication from the coaching program.
- When a referred student agrees to participate, the ASC program will contact the referring faculty member to notify them of the student's status and their assigned coach. The faculty member and the coach can share information as needed throughout the semester.
- Please complete an Early Alert at weeks two, six and 10 of the semester to identify those students who are not attending class or who otherwise are showing signs of difficulty that could negatively affect their success in the class.
How to Submit an Early Alert
- To access and submit your report, log in to myLCC and click on Banner in the upper right side of the screen
- Under the Faculty Services tab, click Student Engagement
- The system will default with a term code (current semester) though this can be adjusted by the faculty member.
- The CRN dropdown will show all classes for which the faculty member has been assigned as the primary instructor. Select the proper class.
- From the current roster, flag the student(s) who need referral to an Academic Success Coach (ASC).
- Within the Early Alert, you will identify any student who should be referred to an Academic Success Coach (ASC). You first select the student by name, and then assign an alert category (Academic, Non-Academic, Attendance) for that student's situation.