Welcome to Lansing Community College's Center for Cybersecurity Education. Here we have tips for protecting yourself online, the latest cybersecurity news, and information on getting your Computer Security & Networking degree and skills to get a job in the cybersecurity field. The LCC Center for Cybersecurity Education will become THE resource for Cybersecurity for this region for education, business, industry, government, and Community.
Please contact Jason Mitchell - email@example.com for more information.
Designated National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
LCC Offers Dynamic Cybersecurity Education
- FBI Safe Online Surfing: Resources and activities for 3-7th grade students and teachers
- Student Programs for Careers in Intelligence: Resources for high schools to post graduates students to receive information regarding internships, scholarships and summer programs
- Consortium of Minorities in Cybersecurity: Resources for minorities interested in cybersecurity
- Cyber Forensic Education: Resources for students and faculty interested to learn more about cyber forensics
- The Colloquium for Information Security Education: Resources for educators, researchers, and practitioners to improve curricula and foster discussion of current and emerging trends
- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies: Resources for the general public interested in knowing more about cybersecurity careers and studies.
- National CyberWatch: Resources for higher education institutions, businesses, and government agencies to advance education, research and strengthen the national cybersecurity workforce.
- National Cyber Security Alliance: Resources for the general public interested in staying safe online.'
- National CyberSecurity Awareness: Resources for organizations interested to promote cybersecurity awareness
- SANS Security Awareness Newsletter: Resources for the common computer users interested in improving security awareness
- NSA Outreach Programs: Resources for teachers at the K-12, undergraduate and graduate levels to engage students on STEM and Cybersecurity
- National Cybersecurity Student Association: Resources for students interested in educational and professional development in cybersecurity.
- Join InfraGard: InfraGard is a partnership between the FBI and the private sector dedicated to sharing information and intelligence to prevent hostile acts against the U.S.
- National Cybersecurity Competition: This national competition provide collegiate students to develop, practice, and validate their cybersecurity offensive skills.
- Hacker News: This website provides information news and information affecting cybersecurity attacks and breaches.
- Linux Security: Feature articles to keep readers be informed of the latest Linux advancements.
- Naked Security: This website is developed by Sophos, a cybersecurity solutions provider to inform general users of important computer security news.
- FTC: Resources for small businesses.
- Cyber Security Jobs: Cybersecurity job listings.
- Cyberseek: Cybersecurity job listings.
- Stop Think Connect: A national public awareness campaigned aimed at increasing the understanding of cyber threats and empowering the American public to be safer and more secure online
- Stay Safe Online: A national alliance to promote individual and business's awareness in safe online practices, partnering with K-12, higher education and community-at-large
- How to Stay Safe Online: This PBS-Nova resource aims to promote and equip students (and those young-at-heart) to stay safe online; through videos, games and engaging challenges in coding, password cracking and social engineering and others, users learn how to keep their digital lives safe
- Cybersecurity for Small Business (FCC)
- Google's Safety Center, tips and resources
- Microsoft Safety & Security Center, a wealth of guides and resources
- Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, a great place to understand your privacy rights, learn about the various policy issues, and search for data breaches that may have affected you.
- Tips on managing your privacy online: How Much Privacy Do You Have Online?
- Microsoft Security Assessment Tool (MSAT): A risk-assessment application designed to provide information and recommendations about best practices for security within an information technology (IT) infrastructure.
- Top Linux network security tools
- Cyber-attacks timeline and statistics
- SANS Resource Page
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Health Information Technology Privacy and Security
- Tenable Network: 20 Security Network Controls
- FBI list of field offices to report ransomware
- Secret Service field office to report ransomware
- Bleeping Computer: Malware and spyware removal guide
- National Security Agency Information Assurance Library: Advisories and alerts, guidance and useful reports that are tested by the agency to ensure hardened security
- Common Weakness Enumeration: CWE provides a unified, measurable set of software weakness that is enabling a more effective discussion, description, selection and use of software security
- Top 100+ Cybersecurity blogs and information security resources
- Test Your Browser for Scumware
- Test a Suspicious File - uploaded files are run through a set of virus scanners
- Test Your Popup Stopper