LCC believes strongly in its mission to provide a high-quality education to anyone who wants to learn.
In 2021, the college furthered that mission by joining Achieving the Dream, a national network dedicated to increasing student success. This peer-driven community will provide LCC with access to the latest high-impact practices, technical conferences, and research staff who can extend our capacity. The network will help the college scale up efforts toward equity already begun by faculty and staff.
This is not LCC’s first time engaging with Achieving the Dream. In 2010, the college was one of 26 community colleges nationwide chosen to participate. With the expertise of Achieving the Dream, LCC expanded its data-collection and distribution work, hosted collegewide summits that resulted in new strategies to enhance student success, and more.
Ten years later, it is time to reengage. Driven by the development of its next strategic plan and the 2020 Equity Action Plan, LCC is ready to review the resources and tools provided by Achieving the Dreams to help more of our students – particularly those who have been underserved by the traditional model of higher education – complete their goal.
The call to join Achieving the Dream was brought by the LCC president and leadership, and endorsed by our Academic Senate. In December 2020, the college opened applications to any employee interested in serving on a steering committee. The steering committee was selected in January 2021 and will guide our engagement with the national network and champion student success collegewide.
Steering committee members
Steering committee members are:
- Stephanie Bogard Trapp, Senior Director of Financial Aid and Title IV Compliance
- Kevin Brown, History Faculty
- Haley Dean, TLC Infrastructure Support Services
- Stephanie Decator, Director of Admission/Registrar
- Paige Dunckel, Theatre Faculty
- Melinda Hernandez, Integrated English Faculty
- Lyndia Klasko, Kinesiology, Health and Wellness Faculty
- Eliza Lee, Mathematics Faculty and Secretary of the Academic Senate
- Barbara Line, Coordinator of the Livingston County Center
- Ronda Miller, Dean of Student Affairs
- Robin Moore, User Services Supervisor in the Library
- Floyd Pouncil, Learning Commons Lead Tutor
- Kathy Smith, Trades Technical Services Administrator
- Jess Stevens, Academic Success Coach
Resource members are:
- Kristen Buttigieg, Center for Data Science's Director of Institutional Effectiveness
- Rafeeq McGiveron, Academic Affairs Project Manager