Apprenticeship Selection Process
Each company, union and association has their own apprentice selection process.
- All companies follow equal employment opportunity guidelines.
- All companies follow Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training guidelines.
A typical selection process follows this pattern:
- Public notification of apprenticeship positions;
- Application period;
- Review of applications;
- Qualified candidates are determined;
- Notice of testing sent to qualified candidates;
- Candidates tested;
- Tests are scored and evaluated;
- Candidates are notified of test results (pass/fail);
- Candidates passing the apprenticeship testing are sent interview letters;
- Candidates are interviewed;
- Candidates receive a final selection score based on testing and interview;
- Candidates are placed on an apprentice selection list according to score;
- Apprentices are hired in descending order from the highest score
Technical Careers Division
West Campus, Room M103
Phone: (517) 483-1319
Additional contact information »