Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions

Please select a topic from the list below by clicking the link or scroll down the page to view all questions and answers.

Where do I pay my tuition?

Tuition and fees may be paid in several ways at Lansing Community College.

  • Online payment (Visa, MasterCard, and American Express accepted):
  • By mail with check (no starter checks) or money order:
    • Include your student number.
    • Allow 4-5 business days for processing.
    • Mail to:
      7120 - Student Finance
      Lansing Community College
      P.O. Box 40010
      Lansing, MI 48901-7210

  • In person (cash, non-starter checks, money order, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express):
    • Gannon Building StarZone

NOTE: In order for LCC to be PCI compliant, LCC will no longer accept credit card payment information over the phone as of 02/24/15.

Back to Top

When is my payment due?

Due dates are based on the day you register. You will receive an email notice when a bill is available to view in student self service. View current semester registration and payment due dates.

Back to Top

What types of payment does LCC accept?

Lansing Community College accepts cash, checks (no starter checks), money orders, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.

Back to Top

Can I pay for someone else's classes?

Yes, but you must have their student number (and/or other sufficient unique identifying information) to ensure your payment is made to the proper account. Keep in mind that any refunds on a student's account are issued to the student, not the payor (with the exception of Federal Parent Plus Loans).

Back to Top

How can I get a receipt?

Receipts for Fall 2008 and subsequent semesters can be obtained online, from your Banner Student Account under account detail by term. For semesters prior to Fall 2008, call (517) 483-1272 to request a receipt for the amount of tuition and fees paid. Receipts must be mailed to address on our computer system. Addresses are changed at Enrollment Services (517) 483-1200.

Back to Top

Can I get a receipt that shows what tuition I paid for income tax purposes?

Yes, a copy of your schedule, after you have paid for your tuition and fees, will reflect the amount paid and serves as a receipt (See previous question).

You will also have access to a 1098-T at the end of the tax year which reflects the amount of your charges for tuition and fees for that tax year. Your 1098-T tax forms 2009 and subsequent years can be obtained online, from your Banner Student Account. Please see Tax Information for instructions.

  1. In order for a 1098-T to be generated your social security number must be on file (please verify the number is correct).
  2. A current and updated address must be valid on your banner student account.  You can verify and update this information through your Banner Student Account.

Back to Top

Can I have a duplicate receipt for my employer?

Yes. Receipts for Fall 2008 and subsequent semesters can be obtained online, from your Banner Student Account under account detail by term. Call (517)483-1272 if you require further assistance.

Back to Top

Can I cash an LCC check here?

No, the Student Finance Office does not cash any checks.

Back to Top

How do I get a refund?

Lansing Community College automatically processes refunds to students who have a credit balance according to a specific Refund Policy. This includes financial aid refunds, and refunds for dropped classes/overpayments.

All student refunds are issued through Higher One, and are processed at set times each semester. It could be possible that you will qualify for a refund and the refund will not be processed for several weeks. If you have any questions about the refund policy please contact our office at (517)483-1272.

Back to Top

What does the registration fee pay for?

The registration fee pays some of the costs of the registration operation.

Back to Top

How do I get a transcript?

To request an official transcript, submit a completed transcript request form to the Payments window in the StarZone, or fax the form to (517) 483-9858. The cost is $5 per official copy, and can be paid by cash, check (no starter checks), Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
Mailed transcript requests can be sent to:
        7120 - Student Finance
        Lansing Community College
        P.O. Box 40010
        Lansing, MI 48901-7210

Back to Top

Is this where I get a Financial Aid Credit Balance Refund?

Financial Aid refunds are processed for students according to an assigned schedule each semester. Please contact Financial Aid to inquire about qualifying for aid.

Back to Top

Can you tell me if I have a Financial Aid Credit Balance?

This information should be requested in person by the student with his/her LCC ID and second piece of ID in hand. This is due to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

Back to Top

Can I get a copy of my schedule?

You can obtain a copy of your schedule in your Banner account, under the registration menu. Schedules are automatically updated and available electronically to students who have made changes to their account or registration. You may also request a copy of your class schedule through Enrollment Services (517) 483-1200.

Back to Top

Is there an ATM on campus?

There are several ATMs located on campus. There is one CASE Credit Union machine located on the 1st level of the Technology and Learning Center near the Higher One ATM. Higher One ATM's are located at the following locations; northwest entrance of the Gannon Building on the 2nd level next to the Fitness Center; Technology and Learning Center on the 1st level; 2nd floor of the Health and Human Services south entrance; and at West Campus. Click here to view a map of Higher One ATM locations on campus.

Back to Top

Can I register for classes here?

The Student Finance Office accepts payment for classes after you have registered.  Please see the Registration Information in the Schedule Book or go to the online schedule book for your best opportunity to register. You can also call (517) 483-1200, select option 3 for the Registrar's Office.

Back to Top

Student Finance at Lansing Community College

Student Finance Office
Gannon Building
2nd Floor - StarZone
Phone: (517) 483-1272

Office Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 6pm
Friday: 8am - 4pm
Additional contact information »

Facebook Twitter YouTube Flickr