Honors Program Awards
Lansing Community College offers Honors Program Awards to new and continuing students who:
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement
- Plan to complete a two-year associate degree seeking program (Associate in Arts, Associate in Business, Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Arts or Associate in Applied Science.
- Want to be an active participant in the LCC Honors Program
The Honors Program Award
- Covers a maximum of five semesters over a period of two consecutive years
- Provides up to $1,685 towards LCC tuition and fees each fall and spring semester and an optional award of up to $471 towards LCC tuition and fees for one summer semester (enrollment of at least 3 credits is required)
- Renewal each semester is contingent upon the recipient meeting all Honors Program requirements listed below.
An award recipient must:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Be a resident of the state of Michigan. For more information regarding residency requirements visit www.lcc.edu/schedule/residency
- Be a high school graduate
- Have a cumulative high school grade point average of at least 3.5
- Have a composite SAT score of at least a 1110 or a composite ACT score of at least 22
Selection is based on:
- Grade point average
- SAT/ACT scores
- Proven ability in the selected area of study
- Letters of reference and a written personal statement
Additional Application Requirements
- SAT/ACT scores must be uploaded to the General Scholarship Application
Honors Program Award recipients automatically become members of the LCC Honors Program and must participate as a condition of the award.
The Honors Program provides:
- Enriched courses
- Special advising services
- Community service options
- Enhanced learning opportunities for students capable of a special challenge in higher education.
In order to maintain their membership in the Honors Program and retain their Honors Program Award, students must:
Follow an associate degree seeking program curriculum.
Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or higher.
Successfully complete at least twelve approved credits fall and spring semesters.
Successfully complete Honors courses each academic year as required.
Financial Aid Office
2nd Floor - StarZone
Phone: (517) 483-1200
Additional contact information »