Spring 2016: View the latest textbook information for your courses by clicking on the link to the MBS Online Bookstore below. You can search for all courses and determine the required text for your classes. If you have authorized financial aid, beginning December 17, 2015 you may use your financial aid book voucher to purchase books. However, if you want to use your financial aid, you will need to log onto your Self Service page and use the textbook link. Not only will this allow you to use available financial aid, it will also automatically populate your class schedule. Course code and CRN information can be found in Banner through myLCC.
Fall 2015: View the latest textbook information for your courses by clicking on the link below. Here, you can select the appropriate semester and search by course code and CRN. For best results, have your CRN information ready! Course code and CRN information can be found in Banner through myLCC.
SPRING 2016 - Please follow this link to obtain information for Spring 2016 Textbook Information.
FALL 2015 - Please follow this link to obtain information for Fall 2015 Textbook Information.
For more information on textbook orders, contact the department/program.
** For assistance with the textbook links listed above, please contact the LCC Help Desk at 517-483-5221 or toll free 1-800-644-4522 (choose option 3).
Textbooks for all core courses and many other courses are available for check out in the Library. You can check out core textbooks for two hours or two days, and most other textbooks are available for two hour, two day or one week check outs. What can you do with a Library Course Reserve book? In addition to reading course reserves in the Library, you can make photocopies or scan pages. You can sometimes find older editions of your textbook to check out by searching the Library Catalog by title and author. Ask a Librarian if you need help.
Gibson's Books and Beans
Phone: (517) 487-3769, Ext. 15
316 North Capitol, Lansing
(Located directly across from the LCC campus, south of Shiawassee Street)
Phone: (517) 483-1505
Gannon Building (GB), Room 222-2
M-Th: 9am-6pm, Friday: 9am-4pm
- MBS Online Bookstore
Gibson's Book Store
Phone: (517) 487-3769, Ext. 15
316 North Capital, Lansing
Contact Online: http://www.chegg.com/customerservice/
(A secure site that offers text book rentals as well as purchasing.)
- The MBS Online Bookstore presents all the options available to students to purchase their textbooks. Including New with a guaranteed buyback price, if available, used, e-Book/Digital, Rental, and Marketplace options.
MBS Online Bookstore
- What are the benefits of the MBS Online Bookstore?
- The convenience of online shopping.
- All purchasing options listed on one screen - New, with a guaranteed buyback price, if available, Used, e-Book/Digital, Rental, if available, and Marketplace prices.
- Ability to use available financial aid up to $600 to purchase book.
- When navigating to the MBS Online Bookstore through your Self Service Account, your class schedule is automatically populated - no searching for your courses.
- Easy buyback and rental returns through pre-paid shipping labels printed from your MBS Online Bookstore Account or through the end of semester on-campus buyback where MBS will buyback your guaranteed buyback book, buy books obtained from other vendors if approved for buyback - both with cash in hand that day. Rental books may also be returned during the on-campus buyback.
- How long will it take to receive my books from MBS? Where will my
books ship to?
- Books are shipped same day if ordered before noon CST. Books typically take 2 days without needing express options. Books will be shipped to the address entered by the student in their MBS account - the address is not tied to the Banner address. Books may be shipped to a P.O. Box.
- I can't find my book on MBS.
- All courses have information regarding the course - either the adopted text, no text required, text to be provided, or a link to the Open Education Resource (OER) where the student can get the free textbook. If you cannot find your course, please contact the LCC Help Desk at 517-483-5221 or toll free 1-800-644-4522 (choose option 3).
- Will course packs be available on the MBS Online Bookstore?
- As faculty look at options, course packs may move to the MBS Online Bookstore and would then be available for purchase. If a course pack is still required to be purchased at Phil's, a note stating such will appear on the MBS Online Bookstore.
- What type of books are available on the MBS Online Bookstore?
- New with a guaranteed buyback price if applicable.
- Used if available (new editions will not have used stock available).
- E-book/Digital if the publisher has this option for the specific book.
- Rental if available.
- A link to the Marketplace and the lowest price available on the Marketplace.
- What if I need to return my book?
- MBS's return policy:
- Course materials must be returned within two weeks after class start date or within 21 days of date shipped, whichever is later.
- New course material must be returned in new, unopened condition in order to receive a full refund.
- All components of a packaged item must come back together, unopened, and in the original shrink wrap to receive credit.
- Loose leaf items must be in the original shrink-wrap.
- CDs, diskettes, Info Trac pass codes (Internet pass codes included with your textbook) and software included with a book or sold alone must be intact, in the original packaging or it will be non-refundable.
- All components of an item must come back in the same shipment to receive credit.
- Books damaged in shipping may not be eligible for full refund.
- Electronic content like access key codes, eBooks, etc. are non-refundable.
- Shipping costs are non-refundable.
- MBS's return policy:
- How do I sell my textbook back or return my rental?
- MBS will be on-campus (once at West & once at Downtown) each semester, except for summer. MBS will buyback books purchased through MBS and possibly buyback books purchased through other vendors. Students will receive cash for the buyback. MBS will also accept rental returns.
- The student may go online to the MBS Online Bookstore and print out a pre-paid shipping label (offsets the amount of buyback received) to send back books for either buyback or rental.
Use of Financial Aid on the MBS Online Bookstore
- What is a Financial Aid Book Voucher?
- The Financial Aid Book Voucher is used by financial aid students to purchase up to $600 in books through the MBS Online Bookstore.
- I don't want to purchase my textbooks from the MBS Online Bookstore.
- If students wish to use their financial aid, the student must
purchase their books through the MBS Online Bookstore. The student may use their
voucher to purchase:
- New with a guaranteed buyback.
- If students wish to use their financial aid, the student must purchase their books through the MBS Online Bookstore. The student may use their voucher to purchase:
- I used the $600 book advance previously received to pay my rent, buy
groceries, pay for gas, or other items.
- The Financial Aid Book Advanced was always intended to be used for books and supplies and not for other expenses. Students still have the ability to purchase their books and obtain their supplies through the Book Voucher and the Supply Advance.
- What is this new Supply Advance?
- In addition to books, students need various supplies to be ready for class and succeed. To that end, the previous book advance has been increased from up to $600 to up to $850 with up to $250 designated for supplies and refunded to the student and up to a $600 book voucher credited on the MBS Online Bookstore for the purchase of books.
- How is the Supply Advance and Financial Aid Book
- A student with authorized aid is eligible to receive the Supply
Advance based on the amount of authorized financial aid less outstanding tuition
and fees. The balance of the authorized aid up to $250 will be refunded to the
student on December 17.
- Example 1 - a student has authorized aid of $2,500 and tuition and fees outstanding of $1,100.The balance of authorized aid is 2,500 - 1,100 = 1,400 - the student is eligible for the full $250 Supply Advance.
- Example 2 - a student has authorized aid of $1,200 and tuition and fees outstanding of $1,100.The balance of authorized aid is 1,200 - 1,100 = 100 - the student is eligible to receive a $100 Supply Advance.
- A student with authorized aid is eligible to receive the Financial Aid Book
Voucher based on the amount of authorized financial aid less outstanding tuition
and fee less the Supply Advance. The balance of the authorized aid
up to $600 will be credited as a book voucher on the MBS Online Bookstore.
- Example 1 - a student has authorized aid of $2,500 and tuition and fees outstanding of $1,100 and a $250 Supply Advance. The balance of authorized aid is 2,500 - 1,100 - 250 = 1,150 - the student is eligible for the full $600 Book Voucher.
- Example 2 - a student has authorized aid of $1,200 and tuition and fees outstanding of $1,100 and a $100 Supply Advance. The full authorized aid has been used (1,200 - 1,200 - 100 = 0) and no Book Voucher would be available.
- A student with authorized aid is eligible to receive the Supply Advance based on the amount of authorized financial aid less outstanding tuition and fees. The balance of the authorized aid up to $250 will be refunded to the student on December 17.
- I have all my textbooks and did not use my full Financial Aid Book Voucher - I want the balance for other educational expenses.
- The Financial Aid Book Voucher is only for the purchase of books - any remaining portion will be included within the your Financial Aid Refund as scheduled.
- I have further questions regarding MBS and Financial Aid.
- Visit the StarZone or call (517) 483-1200 (option 1).
Gannon Building - StarZone
Phone: (517) 483-1200
Additional contact information »